Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies in PvP

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Kincade_D2, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Kincade_D2

Kincade_D2 IncGamers Member

Rabies in PvP

Hello, im making a Rabies/Fury build for PvP. I read Electric Blue's guide. Theres just a few questions i have. In my gear, im planning on wearing: Carrion Wind, Raven Frost, Mara's, Verdungo's, Gore Riders, Trang Gloves. Then im gonna wear either Jalal's or Cerebus, its a tough choice. For my Rabies Switch, i was probably gonna have a faceted Plague bearer, and a Faceted shield. The thing im really wondering is if for fury i should get a 1 handed weapon so i can wear SS, or if i should go for something like Eth shael shael zod tomb reaver. My skills will looke like this: 20 WW, 20 Lyc, 20 Oak, 20 Rabies, 20 Fury, 1 pre req. Should i put a point in Ravens also? Thnx for your input, trying to find out the best!

Kincade.

2. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

use a shield and 1 hander unless you are vs a bone necro (in which case use a long ranged weapon with no shield... there is no point of a shield vs bone necro)

dont rely on spirits in pvp... they are useless and anyone with any experience in pvp will kill the spirit first then immediately attack you b4 you have the chance to recast it... put 1 point in it at most so you can get some bonus and it can tank 1 hit for you.

thnx
    stef

3. Kincade_D2

thnx, already put 10 in oak, rebuild time :scared:

4. Kincade_D2

Think i should use 6 sock phase blade?

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Read kaz's pvp flaming rabies guide. Link to it here. You wont have any questions after reading it. I am leveling my kaz druid atm, I LOVE HIM!
    :clap:

6. Kincade_D2

Already read the guide hehe... I want to make fury/rabies not fire also. Was wondering if weapon choices may be same and stuff. Plz comment on what i said my setup will look like.

7. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

sigh only if that was true, there will be always be questions, and usually the same ones too. =/

8. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

OAK is fine, if they try to kill him, then attack them while they are attacking oak. Remember, oak is IP in nm.

and I would go without a shield for all.
    Assuming I have high life.

enough knowledge in my guide, I think

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Lol yeah spirits get killed so let's not use them.
    DO NOT REMAKE!
    o_O omg, skills get dodged they're worthless!1!

10. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Yeah, you should definitely use a spirit... Otherwise, you'll loose HUGE bonuses. Do not remake. Max a spirit! :)

11. Kincade_D2

Heh, thnx for the tips, still trying to figure out if i want to use ss or just go two handed weapon. Same with armor and helm. Reading guide over agian.

12. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

I read your message today but since you already have the topic out I might as well reply here.

Since you're going with the Carrion Ring you'll have about as much points to max out 4 skills and poison creeper is covered. That means Lycantropy, Rabies, Fury a spirit and the rest into werewolf so you can dual starting from level 70 upwards already and get a feel for your druid. It'll be easier to estimate what type of changes you need when you start dueling as soon as possible.
    I rate werewolf less important than the spirit since you will be wearing quite an amount of +shapeshifting gear to increase rabies damage, so you'll have a good level of werewolf already. Attack rating bonus for fury and rabies is good enough to allow a rather low level werewolf, as long as you have some good amount of straight Attack rating modifiers in gear. The Raven Frost is a very nice start and steel small charms are also very nice to use.
    As mentioned, if people go for your spirit then you will have time enough to do as you like, such as attack them. A good level spirit will take more than just 1 hit so you'll have a decent amount of time to react. You can even resummon it behind you as your opponent is attacking it and they will have wasted their time.
    I would get both a 1handed and a 2 handed weapon, which you can alternate according to your opponents. Casters deserve a 2hander, melee is best to take on with a shield.

13. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Yeah, I agree if you choose a spirit, this is how I see it:

- Oak sage: You want the most life possible with an Oak Sage build, therefore Life >> AR which is why you should Max Oak Sage before Werewolf

- Heart of Wolverine: HoW = AR + Damage, WW = AR => HoW >> AR :)

- Spirit of Barbs: If you choose SoB, you need it to be high level, before its effective. Again, Max the spirit before Werewolf.

If you still want the massive AR, and you feel you got plenty of life, I suggest you max Werewolf over Lycantrophy.
    Sometimes, I wish the still had the lvl 32 cap, so you didn't have to max neither of them! :D

14. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Im having fun with my FC bear atm (I know is not the build discussed here, but I may help). I do PvP with it.

For the spirit, it dies ALWAYS, i recast just to save one hit. In any duel, specially vs casters, very common this days, is not that helpfull, since u are to tank, well, is not easy to take care of him (have in mind spirits are really dumb, they always place themselves at the best place to get hit).

For the AR, well, if i hit, i win, if i miss hit, i die. Figure yourself about how important AR is. I allways duel with angelic combo and let maras/raven on stash, is much more effective.

And, for Strid, I nothing compared to your wisdom (amen) but, would you sacrifie Lycanthropy over Oak if need to max WW?????tsk tsk

15. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

I was more refering to HoW or SoB builds, though .. Sorry if I was unclear, but I have a hangover from last night. :cheesy:

Still, I think most people would prefer the life from Lycantrophy over the AR from Werewolf.

16. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

LYC>WW>Spirts IMO

17. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

HoW = AR + Damage
    WW = AR

HoW >> WW

:)

18. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

HoW=mortal
    WW=inmortal :lol:

WW>HoW (pvp-wise)

Hey, im sure u can show me how to manage to keep spirits alive vs any char, and then I change my mind :scratch:

19. Kincade_D2

Thnx for all the advice. Do you think i should max block if i wont be wearing a shield all the time?

20. Kincade_D2

Heres what it looks like now, 4fps phase blade w/ SS for melee duels, 4fps Giant thresher for casters. 15 ww, 20 lyc, 20 fury, 20 rabies, 20 oak. This looks good to me, thnx for all the great tips. You guys reccomend getting ravens or any minions? And i think i will wear cerebus for melee duels and jalals for casters. Thanks!