Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies Gear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Pent, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Rabies Gear

on weapon switch where you dish out the pain afer the initial hit, what would you consider is a good shield and weapon to socket with poison facets
    I'm also looking at using death's web instead of a 6 socketed weapon.

Perhaps a 4 socketed monach would do, for the shield?

also is there any other armors that would be nice for a rabies druid other then the rediculasly overpriced bramble :(

I tried to find the thread with the guy that listed his perfect gear for a rabies druid, but someone deleted it in the past 24 hours :(

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Then use death's web. :)

Yes, a monarch would be fine, you're just doing a quick switch anyways...

If you can afford 4 poison facets, why don't you just MAKE your own bramble armor?

3. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

nope their is not besides bramble. however, you do more than rabies so...

er an hell plague or plague bearer, forget which one it is, exceptional one, + rabies. with Trang-Oul's gloves (1.10 versions) and some plus skill items, it will do decent damage.

you dont need deaths web. it costs WAY more than bramble runes, and if someone says no, they are typical bnet morons. go check ebay for a death's web... runes are 2 bux a piece.

if you want to go really perfect gear, get a medusa's gaze and bramble armour with trang gloves. weapon, doesnt matter much. -5% resist is nothing compared to level 7 lower resist necro spell buzzing off. the whole combination of items will work very well together if you have an oak sage or something to help you tank.

what are you building?

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

hehe I already have 8 poison facets of variable mods, (just need 2 more I guess for the socket combo)
    And I found a medusas gaze about 10 minutes ago :)

right now I am currently using a 110 ias 135 AR phase blade to hit, with a stormshield.
    and plague bearer with lidless on switch

and a 5/-5 socketed cerebus +4/103%AR
    my armor is stone armor for the bonus synergy to fire claws (fire claws does 5k damage with just 20 in fire claws and 20 in firestorm)

so the only thing I really need to improve is my switch, which is why I posed the question :)

(this is for my pvp rabies/fireclaw druid.)

and I am using trang ol's gloves, yes

btw I've seen a couple death's web trades in the past month, the runes sur and ohm go for way more then 1 death's web :(

ohm alone needs death's web++ to trade for it

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

er

who you talking to???

sur and ohm are cheap on uswest ladder/non-ladder and useast ladder/nonladder.

cheap as in 5 for both max.
    death's web can sell for 15+ on all those realms.

sur is a rather useless rune, can be traded for cheaply. the ohm has its stupid botd value, people are so lame that they need botd to kill stuff.

i bet i can kill faster with my upgraded kuko and hunter build than some botd dweebs. sighs.

economy is sad.

also, if you sound like a pvp build. dont use medusa's gaze then!

unless you have enormous life, you will be stuned not holdin a stormshield or a whitsan's guard way before you can both trigger a lower res and then have breathing room to swing a rabies shot.

pvm, medusa owns. blocks bad though.

6. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

ohm has chaos, bramble, doom, exile, famine, and call to arms value
    I have been looking for one for 2 months, and no one will trade it for less then 2 soj, or 1 soj + other high rune.
    and with all the runes being deleted now, its even rarer.

sur on the other hand, hardly anyone has because they thought it wasn't worth duping or its already been used in a bramble armor, it also has hand of justice value, more and more people are becoming aware of the other runewords and making them instead of botd.
    and the last trade I saw with sur, on the battlenet forums was like 2 months ago

and they wanted godly

this is USWEST ladder

do you trade much?

btw ohm doesn't go in botd.

thanks for the medusa pointer

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

yes my man, uswest ladder a rune (ohm or whatever) is worth about 2-3 dollars at max. non ladder more. The surs were duped as well, any quantity anyone wants still exists in excess. its the guys who bought 2-3 runes all got vex and ber cuz well, i know i sold them some.

ladder was destroyed by runes you have to just go and get some.

8. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member