Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies/Fury Druids - Iso your experteese

Discussion in 'Druid' started by eLeM3NTz3CP, Jun 14, 2008.

1. eLeM3NTz3CP

eLeM3NTz3CP IncGamers Member

Rabies/Fury Druids - Iso your experteese

Hello Hello

Hey I am working on building a Rabie/Fury druid and was just wondering some ppls opinions on this char. I have some exp w/ it, about 2 yrs ago. Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts basically on setups. There are many ways to go w/ this type of druid...not after a build and i'm sure some of you would love to let me know their is a sticky of someones build. Thats not what I want, I just want to know peoples thoughts on the pros/cons of certain setups,strategies or unique twist to a setup. I'm building vs all and i'm legit/gm. If you're just vs melee,just vs caster,bm...w/e I don't care your experiences/opinions are all welcome!!

Any how i'm going to go w/ Ebotdz/ss/enigma/jalals/res boos/1 raven / 1 res ring/ trang gloves and a crafted icb high stat ammy. My switch for flashkilling will be dweb/4sock monarch.

My build will be the following.
    20 lycan
    20 fury
    20 rabies
    20 psn creeper
    the preqs
    1 into the raven/wolves
    the rest into oak sage

Thanks for looking, look forward to seeing some post!

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Rabies/Fury Druids - Iso your experteese

Well I hate to break this to you, but if you read the great fury/rabies guide, theres very in depth discussions about which items to use in which cases. Not what you wanted, but first read through that and then come back if you need help deciding.

3. eLeM3NTz3CP

This thread?
    http://www.geocities.com/boudewijn_broers_mfc/

Show me where theres ppl discussing their exp w/ this char ? I don't need to read 1-2 ppls version of this char. Anyone can play a char a few times and make a cookie cutter guide. Why is it so hard to discuss things on this forum about someones topic w/o trying to send them to a old thread? This guide is old and not that its not a solid guide but there are some things I don't see. You know like using spirit wolves vs a ww barb b/c with rabies and the teleporting wolves...barb is easily hit. Also why is bramble not an option ? I'm sure there are some rabies/fury druids who've went that route. I'm after people who still play and have some thought on situations they've encountered. Thanks, but let me know where the great in depth discussion is listed, id appreciate that.

4. BAMFSpecialOps

I also never stated there were people discussing each item, what I ment by that was that wolves need to be able to switch a lot of gear out to be successful. You will need to be able to stack res, frw, dr, dmg at different times and be able to make use of all at once. This is NOT a clear cut character in anyway. Bramble/fort/nig can all be used effectively as do you need a 1 hand/shield switch along with a 2 handed long range switch. Play around a little bit with your wolf then come back for advice vs certain situations. Or at least tell us more of what your wanting other than for us to tell you how to do what at what times.

5. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

I don't get it, you're asking for comments on your build, yet it's the same as the guide and you're getting angry? What kinds of setups do you want? You're being so vague that answering you is nothing short of a headache.

Tell you what, take a moment, then think about what SPECIFIC questions you want answered. Then, if they're not in the guide, we'll answer them. Actually, why don't you search the Fury/Rabies threads here? We've probably beat the build to death countless times now and searching wouldn't hurt.

Kay, thanks.

6. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

^^ yeah. all you did was post your planned stats and gear. what exactly do you expect us to say other than read the guide ?

ask an actual question and we'll gladly answer it.

7. eLeM3NTz3CP

Wow..calling all robots calling all robots, you guys got a pulse ?

Anyhow, all I was trying to do was create some chatter with ANYONE who has made a rabies/fury druid. Just wanted to know what they tried and their thoughts on their experiences

You guys mis-interpreted this ??

Verash: Tell you what take a minute re-read my post and if you don't want to talk about things you've done pros/cons your fav setups or anything...any 2 cents you wanna throw out there then dont. I don't know what to tell ya, but if you're really after a question I boldly underlined part of my original post...its located above this as a quote.

Jayson: Please read the message above directed for Verash. Also in my first post I noted i'm aware of the stickys, thnx.

You guys don't have to post if you don't wanna talk about anything, the thread will go away. Sorry to cause headaches.

8. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Well, one specific one I can tackle right now. While that amulet you have might be nice for saving stats, it won't really help either of your main attacks as much as the alternatives could. For instance, a 3 SS/90+ Life amulet will skyrocket Rabies damage and life, and will indirectly help out Fury and Werewolf, adding damage and AR there. A Highlord's Wrath will massively help Fury, especially if you're going the EBotDZ route, with it's chance to do double damage, and the +1 All skills helps out across the board, including adding to BO. Finally, a Cat's Eye will prove invaluable in running down casters, along with other FRW gear. None of these would be possible if you in-built that amulet. The same goes for the EBotDZ, if that's built in, you can never swap weapons, and will be limited to Enigma for armor against casters, while if it's not, you can use Fort or Bramble and still go two-handed (hammerdins and windies come to mind there). Just a few nuances you might have missed, as it seems that is what you're after, not so much straight recommendations/guides/item lists.

As for personal experience, I used to be firmly in the EBotDZ camp for F/R, but I would dare say I've become a full believer in Grief. It's consistent high damage has proved stellar, especially with a HL/Gore's setup, and certainly in a FvF (assuming no Griz Caddy, otherwise my vote goes there). Might not have the range, but it's not vital 95% of the time. However, if neither are built in, you have that choice, and can decide for yourself which you prefer. My true favorite I don't have yet, but it would be an ethereal robo zerker with 5xEd/Ias jewels and a shael, 7/4 Fury with range 3, though it would eventually break. Hope this helps, and maybe stimulates a cluster of more specific questions/concerns.

9. eLeM3NTz3CP

Thanks for the incite KellKher.

Just curious what is a eth ''robo'' zerker ? Sup eth'd zerker ? Eth bugged zerker ? No idea.

My setup will vary a bit, I don't have a griefz or pb worth using atm...and Id love to use a eth t reaver 3os but dont have that either. I just try to find a solid setup/build to use and normally have some xtra resist,or xtra high dmg gear to switch too stashed.

10. BAMFSpecialOps

eLeM3NT if you want to sit there and quote everything, heres one for you 'ethereal robo zerker with 5xEd/Ias jewels and a shael, 7/4 Fury with range 3'. From that you can gather it is an eth zerker, and it has 6 things in it, so it just might be 6 socketed. BTW, what me Rashi/Jayson are getting at is that if you need help with something ask that question, if not look through the guides, figure out your gear, play with it, then come back with questions, in no way can we tell you more tips that you could have read. If you are having trouble with part of your wolf come back and ask we will gladly help. If your looking for how to do everything with your wolf...guides...or actually play. A wolf is not a cookie cutter in anyway it will take practice/skill to master, no matter what we say it is up to you to figure out how to make it fit your play style.

11. zzzackkk

zzzackkk IncGamers Member

I see where you're coming from. This is a very underplayed character therefore it's somewhat hard to gather a decent understanding of this build without trying it yourself. As said before, a large downside to this character is all of the gear changes.

Remember that you can't tele in shifted forms so you'll most likely be one of the only characters out there still running around. This makes casters more difficult at first because you need to find new alternatives to getting to them. This also makes a lot of other duelers angry because you seem to be running away constantly when you are actually trying to pull them or reposition.

AR is a huge issue because there are many times where you only have one chance to hit someone and you don't want to ruin it by having low AR.

You also have incredibly low defense and a constant need for DR and resistances which puts you in the position to go for mass life because it will benefit you the most.

This list could go on forever. Fury/Rabies wolves are one of those characters that you need to actually go and gear up with decent gear and try it yourself. This is not a standard, do this and this build. There's a lot of tactic and gear options that you need to develop yourself. We can't always help you because I bet that all the wolves on here have different gear setups thus all have different problems that they're dealing with. This is why I'd say to just build your wolf. Come back after you've dueled with it and then ask us things like, "how do I catch those orb sorcs," or, "what do I do when the smiter taunts me with shift-smites, then charge+smites me when I try to out range them?" The guides help enough to get anyone started, go there first, build your wolf, then come here and ask some more specific questions.

12. eLeM3NTz3CP

BAMF - Thnx for explanation on the robo zerker. The term robo is a first to me, just asking the meaning of that, I understand its an eth os zerker. Is robo a term for bugged,glitched,duped sup'd ??? Thats what I was unaware of. Also you don't have to post here, I didn't make this thread to argue with anyone. You don't need to explain you/jayson/rashi. I understand everyone has their own style w/ a wolf. I'm not after a build or a certain setup, I know you know this b/c ive said it in every post now. You see how Khell talked about his preference and whatnot, thats all i'm looking for. I have built wolves, I pvp..I have my own tactics. Just looking to discuss wolves w/ other people who appreciate the char and have their own opinions on things. Thanks again!

zzzackkk - As for the AR issues I always aim for 15-20k on something that is melee, I also keep an angelic ammy/ring combo stashed incase I have to deal w/ high def or pure melee players.

13. BAMFSpecialOps

Robo=jeweled for speed/dmg

Where I believe me/Rashi/Jayson are coming from is that the guides are great help, and theres not really too much left to tell after those unless you are having problems in certain situations. In the guides it tells you what you should look to be using vs diff chars and when to walk/run/shift. If your looking for our opinions give us something to discuss, if its just fury/rabies druids then they are great for WTFpwnz but they are not a character that can easily turn the tides in a pub. Personally I play with different chars than most, no hdins/blizz/light/pure trappers/smiters, wolves/hybrid wwsins/mages/etc.

14. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Robo weapons - ain't those named after RoboTurtle?

15. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

That I am honestly not sure...the term even predates my old arse :p But I do know it was a conversation piece at the same time as the age old debate between the CCSoQ and the CMSoQ, much like Grief vs EBotD today.