Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rabies/fury Druid need advice

Discussion in 'PvP' started by WidowMakerUSMC, May 23, 2005.

1. WidowMakerUSMC

WidowMakerUSMC IncGamers Member

rabies/fury Druid need advice

aight fellas names widow, new to pvp,first time to appear on forums, descided to go with a melee druids, did not want to be a regular pvp char(sin,.WW)so i made a rabies/druid. i hear from diffrent ppl that they suck ass chunks and from other ppl that the own. so ima bit confused, as of now here is my gear.

lvl 77 druid(daMiLf-HuNteR)

jalals - socket shael, for fast hit recovery
    stormshield - socket shael, for fast block rate
    goreriders -fast run walk, deadly strike, crushing blow, and openwounds
    verdungos- for damage reduced, good vital, fast hit recovery
    dracul - for leach, tap, openwounds
    gris caddy - 3 40/15 ias jewels, and Lo, for deadly, hits 4 frames
    shapeshift -(****ty armour i know) 30% damage reduction
    raven frost - for cannot be frozen
    carrion wind - for leach and rabies bug
    (rings) - havnt desicde to go with angelics,with ammy for ar open 4 advice on that
    highlords - for deadly
    charms - 6 shape gc's (will reach 10)

with gear on
    strength / 192 - fit for max strength in gear, but seems i put too much
    dex / 188 - enough for max block
    vit / 207 - everything else
    energy / 40 - none

life - 2k
    def - 2k
    rabies - 4k
    fury - 1.5k
    ar - 10k

this might be a sorce of a problem, but for most melee duels u wont need resists so ive been told.

fire / -70
    cold / -10
    light / -10
    posion / -15

so im not sure if my build just sucks,.or rabies/fury druids cant hack it, or im doing somthing wrong or useing the wrong gear, ive won about 1/8 of my duels,. =| .. ive used all my resources to get the gear i have, gave my leg for a Lo rune, and it seems i might have wasted it in my weapon. looking to get sum advice from expeirenced pvp'ers,.i want to make a good rabies/fury if ne1 else has a guide or sum adivce,.ty for wastin ur time reading my noob druid :thumbsup:

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Low life, low damage, low level, low AR - those are your problems. Get lvl 90 first of all because u need it to max out all ur important skills (20 ww, 20 lyc, 20 fury, 20 oak, 20 rabies). Secondly, damage reduction cap in pvp is 50%, u should hit it just with storm + dungos so ditch the shaft in favor of fortitude/bramble/ or 20/20 psn armor. (duress is a poor mans option). Third, use prebuffing to shift into wolf ( i do it with 10 shape gc's, enigma (arkaines valor +2 or COH will work just as well), jalals, 2 bk rings, 3 shapeshift ammy, arach, +5 mang song staff) this alone will raise ur life by at least 1k and give u 5k more AR. Consider using angelics and enchant yourself with demon limb for higher defense opponents (ww barbs, zealots). Id say 25k AR is what u should aim for (its easily reachable with a wolf just by doing the steps outlined above). Substitute jalals with Cerebus bite for melee duels, its a superior helm imo (get one with +4 skills and 1xx%+ AR bonus). Cannot be frozen is not really required if your wolf reaches 4 fpa fury (which he does) because 4 fpa is not slowed by freezing.(only melee duels of course, vs casters u require as much faster run as u can afford to put on yourself).

Some numbers to aim for :
    Fury damage with gris caddy ~ 3k max.
    Rabies damage with 10 shapes + carrion wind equipped ~ at least 20-25k.
    AR - 25k
    Life - 4k+ with oak sage (extremely low imo but with your stat placement u cant get much better, just use prebuff).

Oh and wolves definitely CAN hack it. If u play europe ladder and u want a demonstration of both a pure melee and an all rounder wolf id be happy to show u.

3. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

HEY WIDOW,

Also talk with the Werewolfs in the druid fOrum room. They shouLd help you out. Keep trying to get that bramble. And also you really need a big 2 handed damage killing weapon. Like a ebotd greater poleaxe, eth zodded up graded ribcracker, or a eth zodded tombreaver with 2x40/15% ias jewels. Another great armor is 3 socted jewelers of the whale with 3x40/15 max jewels. You will get more damage then a Fort would give you and more life. I said 3 socted jewelers not 4 socted because a 4 socted are bugged and you do not get the second mods on the jewels. PACK

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Its the jewels that are bugged the number of sockets armor has is irrelevant. U surprise me, really, over 1000 posts and u post such nonsense...

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I am just posting what I have heard from what friends of mine are saying. Talk with them if you want.. I have never had the chance to own one my self.