Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rabies druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by koeraokse, May 1, 2005.

1. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

rabies druid

hello I am building one, are these only for pvp or for pvm too? I like dont own any monsters...
    skills:
    rabies 20
    oak 20
    werewolf 20
    lycantrophy 20
    and rest goes into?
    fury?
    feral?
    cyclone?

and equipment...
    helm: jalal
    armor: bramble?
    shield: storm
    weapon: ???
    gloves: TO
    belt: verdungo
    boots: gores
    ammy: highlord
    rings: raven/carrion

so what should I change ot do? thanks

:cheesy:
    *priit

2. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Weapon could be either Plague Bearer(that +5 Rabies Sword), or a Very Fast Phase (I know nothing about breakpoints). On switch you should have 4x Poison Facet Shield and a Death's Web (IIRC the -Resist helps when you have inefected the target and run away to safety).
    EDIT: Fools Phase blade with lots of ias would also work as the weapon.

3. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

For PvM, I really think you should go with a nice polearm, axe or maul. Druids were made for 2-hand Weapons. I'd put the rest of your points into Fury, its a great skill for PvM and not a half bad one for PvP. A Tomb Reaver with 2 IAS jewels should solve most of your problems as it hits 4 frame Fury, is range 5, and pretty damaging.

For PvP, you should keep the stormy (in most situations) and use a Shael'd Death Cleaver as its fast and has the deadly strike needed to make your Fury hurt more. On your weapon switch carry a Death's Web or Plague Bearer along with a Lidless Wall or 4-Faceted Shield. After you tag with Rabies, hit the 'w' key quickly and the Rabies damage will be taken from the highest source, then you can switch back and Fury as needed.

4. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

well, I thought that it will be more like a rabies druid but it seems that its going on fury, I think I'll make some other character instead, I want a strong guy who can kill too...

:cheesy:
    *priit

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

You actually only need 20 points in Fury for it be effective. It has no synergies and makes an excellent complement to Rabies, no need to rebuild.

6. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I've been looking into a similar build, but I'm having some trouble figuring out which two-hander to use PvM. Between the strength investment, ranges, and speeds, I've looked at Tomb Reaver, IK Maul, Ribcracker, and just about every other weapon (short of ebotd) on the dragoon's site or in EB's guide, and all it has done is confuse me :cyclops:

I can find a 1 hander for PvP vs melee, but what is the best option for going 2 hands with a set-up similar to koeraokse's, given that I don't want to spend anything in strength I don't have to, I want to reach as far as possible and hit as hard as possible, and I don't want to have to mortgage my unborn children to get one?

The AS lists Cryptic Axe as range 4, btw.

7. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

in what way are you confused?

tomb reaver is listed as a high end fury weapon whereas others are listed as low level weapons.

high end >> low level.

----

by the way, bramble is quite useful especially against ww barbs.

summon the grizzly, let the barb kill him. rinse & repeat. each grizzly costs about 500 life to the barb (thanx to the thorns).

and for rabies biting weapon, the best choice is a fools war axe with some ias.

----

now where is the update i promised 2 moths ago..
    hmm..

8. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member