Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies Druid Advice... Yes I know they are lame... but I want to make one :)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Snarlin Stef, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

Rabies Druid Advice... Yes I know they are lame... but I want to make one :)

Rabies is HELLA LAME and its a bout time i made a lame druid that owns melee.... for fun of course ;)

build is something like this

Max Rabies- max synergy
    max werewolf
    max lycanthropy
    thats 80 points used right there.. so you have some left over you can use to your discretion.

Bramble armor
    Trang gloves
    some poison facets here and there.

what do yall think of this? is it viable? One hit rabies then run away. and the other guy should die fast. :)

OTHER QUESTIONS:::
    is rabies uninteruptable attack?
    IF i decide to max ravens... will they attack an enemy enough to keep prevent him from swinging at me because you keep reactivating the defensive block animation?

thnx in advance..
    stef

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Ravens won't block lock amazingly well, but they'll help a little bit. Get enough in them to have 5 out, but that's all.

Rabies, I believe, has been determined to be unblockable, but not interruptable. Don't quote me on that.

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Check the Flaming Rabies Guide or Electricblue's Hybrid Wolf Guide. Both can be found in our list of guides, and both have some good info on Rabies based builds.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

OMG u r teh laem oen!!!1

5. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Nice spam! Band tat no0ber victuz!

6. VictusMetuo

Just to add something, there is a no block period after blocking. So you can't effectively put an opponent in continual block with or without ravens.

7. Dr4kan

Dr4kan IncGamers Member

well if u want advice on the last 20-30 points should go into, then id say put 20 in a spirit(unless u can manage without one, tho extra life/ar/dam never hurts does it?) :)
    for rabies i can figure u dont need a high damage weapon, so i would suggest either Oak for high life, or SoB for high dam melee chars, like barbs/fury druids/maul bears/zealots etc, cuz leech has been screwed in 1.10

8. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

use carrion wind for the bugged synergy to rabies never put a point in poinson creeper. you can either try fury/raibes or fc/rabies.

9. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

most think that in 1.10, rabies druids aren't really lame anymore... they require some "tactics" in pvm, but with rabies/fury, they own any part of any act in pvm. Also, they are now a respectable foe in pvp. Just ask coldarmy13, he built a very successful pvp rabies druid... so did mep IIRC. Mep, didn't your rabies dmg get above 50k?

--fatty

10. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Yeah, people think they're lame because they're an overpowered class... at least that's what I think he means. My damage is more like 42K? without plaguebearer.

Sorry bud, they're not lame. Every class has any easy way to counter it, which is why you should have rabies backed up by fury. If they can't counter it, they're probably newbs.

Rabies is unblockable and uninterruptable.

11. VictusMetuo

Your posts are more proveable to be bugged than Carrion Wind is.

And yeah, like Mep said, you should have a second attack to back it up, especially with a skill like Rabies that is Damage per Second. Of course the two you would want would be Fury or Fire Claws. I don't think Feral/Rabies would be a good combo.

12. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

Rabies can be pretty sweet pvp. But a rabies druid owning any act and level? No more so (and a good bit less so) than a fury druid. unless there's some excellent equipment that makes rabies Not useless in hell pvm. Im doing about 15k now, and excepting stuff that the freaking attack damage can kill, you can barely see any effect whatsoever. I mean, freaking demon archeresses in act 1, I can rabies them... run around them, then check their health again and it's MAYBE 1/10th gone. I can kill three of these things in a single fury... rabies is Garbage PVM. I don't use carrion wind... so I'm out 39 skill points. That could finish maxing my werewolf, Feral rage, oak sage, and get me a level 1 Bear with all prereqs. PVM rabies is, I repeat, absolute garbage.

13. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

how much poison damage would u do if u didnt have a carrion wind ring a poison facets?

14. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

....I don't have Carrion Wind and I only use 1 poison facet.

15. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

that should be alot of +ss skills then....

16. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

an advise: read my guide.

you should 'make' rabies 'work'. 15k rabies is funny damage. rabies is not only about damage you see in screen. also about -%enemy poison resistance.

17. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

ok i kno this sounds noobish but wat does a poison facet do? -_-

18. SorsScriba

SorsScriba IncGamers Member

-3 to 5% enamy poison resist and +3 to 5% poison skill dam max total of another 10% poison dam for rabies/venom/ necs/zons

19. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

Well my rabies/fury pvp hybrid is pretty good in pvm, but if I run into double immune poison/physiscal, I have to run away, and I don't know how well the
    -resist works in pvm (Can't afford deaths web, people keep asking ridiculously high prices, like 7 vexs), but my 5 SS GC's trangs claws, and bramble, and a plague bearer on weapon switch is effective.
    Note: In 8 P hell games he does kill slower than some other character builds, such as fire sorcs......

20. Hamsterman

Hamsterman IncGamers Member

it's my druid, and his dmg is 41-42k with a robo phase, 56-58k with plague bearer.