Rabies and Lower poison resistance

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Rabies and Lower poison resistance

I was looking at Stoutewolfs rabies/fury guide and wondering what negative poison resistances does with rabies. I can see that Rabies easily deals out 1k/second of poison, but how does it work when they have a negative resistance to poison or a lower resiatance to poison or any resistance?

Example, If a person has 50% poison resistance, and someone hits them with a 15k rabies, is the damage halved?

I really like the looks of this build and would like to make it, but I would like to know a few things before I start.

Any help would be appreciated!

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Well first, remember the pvp penalty (I think it's ~ 1/6 the damage?).

So that would make a 15K rabies = 2500 damage, which then after 50% poison res = 1250 damage.

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I didnt know that the penalty was that strong. Things that make you go hmmm. I still think that it would be a good druid to make even with the penalty.

But what about the negative resistance? If they have say, -20 resistance, does it add with .2 multiplied by the damage? Like (.2+1)*2500=3000 psn dmg?

What about the duration?

Thanks for the help.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I didnt know that the penalty was that strong. Things that make you go hmmm. I still think that it would be a good druid to make even with the penalty.

But what about the negative resistance? If they have say, -20 resistance, does it add with .2 multiplied by the damage? Like (.2+1)*2500=3000 psn dmg?

What about the duration?

Thanks for the help.
Yes rabies / fury is a good druid build. Read Remsy's guide further down on this page or the next.

I believe that negative resists work in the way you described.

Duration is not affected by -res gear such as death's web - the only thing that affects duration are items containing abilities like "poison length reduced by 25%"

arbing

Diabloii.Net Member
You shuld NEVER EVER make a botd runeword into a NON-Eth weapon. No one would ever want that.

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
You shuld NEVER EVER make a botd runeword into a NON-Eth weapon. No one would ever want that.
I may have missed something, but what did that post have to do with the thread topic?

Thanks for the help olwe