Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies and Firestorm-- Melee PvP

Discussion in 'Druid' started by lextalionis, Jun 6, 2005.

1. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Rabies and Firestorm-- Melee PvP

WHat about a druid that fights with a Grief Phase Blade and a Phoenix Shield. The Phoenix Shield would allow every other hit to be a level 22 firestorm hit. You should be able to synergize that by maxxing Molten Boulder and Fissure. That makes the damage 1266-1470 per second with three separate streams. It also should allow you to max at least one more skill. Whether its Lycanthropy, WW, Fury, Fire Claws (not a terrible idea).

I even was thinking about being techy and using Cold Damage to slow your opponent and allow your slower than optimum Grief Phase Blade to hit.

2. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Sweet, and grief even lowers resists to poison-that's why you use that?

Ok so I would max werewolf/rabies/lycanthropy +moultenboulder/fissure?
    You could wear "Stone" to get lvl 16 moulten bouder synergy for free, then maybe max Fury and something else. I assume you also wear carrion wind for synergy. Also cool is Hellmouths adds a little more chance to cast Firestorm.

3. lextalionis

I'm currently not doing the STONE thing because I want to be able to max Fissure too. I want my darn spammed Firestorms to do damage don't I?

Hellmouth, same reason, its only a 4% chance to cast level 12 Firestorm. I'd really hate it if that override one of my Phoenix Firestorm attacks.

Yes, I have less overall points to spend, but I pack a mean punch and people don't know how I'm doing it. :)

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

given that you are already maxing two fireclaws synergies, might I suggest making a 110 ias phase blade (4 fpa rabies, 5 fpa fireclaws on a wolf), and then going for fireclaws. itself. skills would look something like this::

max fireclaws, firestorm, moulten boulder, lycanthropy (life rules), potentially maxing oak sage, but at least one pointing it, and then maxing rabies (if you want a flaming rabies guy) or just going for fireclaws and fury? gives you two melee attacks to play with, and a grief is all the fury hurt you need.

--welt

5. lextalionis

That's actually a very good idea. FC has more than decent damage, plus it will get the resist knock from the shield, and its a pretty darn quick attack.

What about cold damage chill? Will everyone be runnig around with Cannot be Frozen so it won't help?

Plus on sword choice, I thought that the Phaseblade Grief would be a good balance for rabies attacks at 6fpa. Maybe that is too slow? 7fpa fireclaws probably is too slow. 8/5/5/5/5 frames Fury may also be too slow.

6. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

8/5 fury is fine with Grief. It does so much physical damage that it outdoes most faster weapons in damage (Gris caddy comes to mind), its not uncommon for a wolf to kill a zealot in 1-2 furies using grief.