Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quit out times

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, May 6, 2008.

1. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Quit out times

Kinda OT, but...how does anyone play in windowed mode?? I've tried it, but since D2 is running in a window, my mouse jumps outside of the D2 screen and onto my desktop if I move it past the edges of the D2 screen. I honestly can't understand how anyone plays like that, unless there's some way to "lock" the cursor inside the D2 window no matter how far you try to move it.

2. silospen

silospen Diabloii.Net Member

Just learn to multitask :)

Also there's a few tricks, you can try clicking and dragging your mouse till it's outside the window. You don't need to click anymore, your char will follow your pointer. Click on a target with an attack, then drag your mouse off the screen. The character will attack until the target is dead. Meanwhile, you can do whatever you want on your other monitor. Assuming you have 2 monitors :)

Been -w since '04. It's the way to go.

3. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa Diabloii.Net Member

You can probably alter some code/script/whatever to keep your pointer from moving outside of the window. Not sure exactly HOW it would be done, but other programs have that "feature", so it's definitely possible.

-w is better. End of story. If you don't want to mess around with the above, just move your game window to the corner of your desktop. Move part of the window off of your screen completely. You lose a few pixels, but it prevents your mouse from leaving the screen. The problem? Only 2 directions are covered. =X.

@silo: Other monitor? ._.

[EDIT]

@Hp_Sauce: Windowed mode is easier on your computer, and there's always stuff like Alt+Tab/WinKey+Tab or the equivalent of that, depending on the OS, for when you want to change programs really quickly.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  4. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

@silospen: You're a big meanie

@Broncobiv2: "Locking" the cursor inside the D2 window when playing in -w mode defeats the purpose of switching to windows mode... You might as well just play in fullscreen. I got used to not clicking outside the window fairly quickly, the wild mouse flicks to start teleporting become more accurate, etc. Also, the game pauses when you click outside the window (unless MPing), so, no harm done really.

-hps

5. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 Diabloii.Net Member

Exactly...it's a real PITA when the game pauses because you accidentally click outside the game window every 10 seconds. I can't stand windowed mode...every little misclick near the edge of the D2 screen results in a click on the computer desktop and a game pause. If there was a way to lock the cursor inside the D2 window, that would be very helpful. Because like NagisaFurukawa said, you'd get the benefit of less stress on system resources without misclicking onto the desktop.