Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quickest way to power level?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by FireMarshal, Apr 17, 2007.

1. FireMarshal

FireMarshal Diabloii.Net Member

Quickest way to power level?

What is the best way to power level your characters? I can rush my own characters, but how can I power level them at the same time? Is it pretty much just rushing them to hell CS runs, and leeching there. I do not really know anyone online that well....so it is hard for me to find a good group to run with. And that also doesn't whine about a low level in party :laugh:

With that said, if anyone here wants to trade power leveling/rushing, maybe we should hook up. PM me.

:wave:

2. Monzee

Monzee Diabloii.Net Member

Personally, I chant myself and run through act 1 and when I reach level 15 in act2 I slap on ravenclaw untill level 25. After this I cow till level 25. Just make sure every game you play in has about 7/8 players.

After that I mostly just cs. Imo that is the fastest way. Not real cs-runs but more those diawalk-02 or so. The monsters give great exp and there is no need to rush for the seals / diablo. My personal record in lod (when using this method) is 13 levels (25 - 38). :sunny:

3. Jezza

Jezza Diabloii.Net Member

Monzee is right, except he didn't point out that you tomb from 15-20, norm cow 20-25. then cs.

4. Rawly

Rawly Diabloii.Net Member

lod doesnt count you get way more exp in cs in lod than you do in classic.

5. JudasXPriest

JudasXPriest Diabloii.Net Member

The way i do it is, get chanted, level 1-5 in Den, 5-12 in trist, 12-15 in Sewers, slap on Ravenclaw and do 15-20 in Tombs, 20-25 in normal cows with raven claw + chant u can get 5 levels in half of a cow level lol. Then 25- maybe... 40 doing River runs, then 40+ is chaos runs. You can get to level 50-60 in a couple hours easily. When you do this, try to find a game with 6 people, so you and your chanter can join to make a full game. more people = More experience ;)

6. markzialcita

markzialcita Diabloii.Net Member

Fire,

I wouldn't mind trading leveling services with you... message me online when you get a chance.

Mark

7. fledgeling

fledgeling Diabloii.Net Member

25+ is when you should do nightmare den till level 30
    and then nm cows IMO

8. Monzee

Monzee Diabloii.Net Member

Yea I know that but I can't remember what my score in classic is. I believe it is something like 8 levels or so.

9. Rawly

Rawly Diabloii.Net Member

can get 10 levels 25-35 doing one nm cows with enchant, and a conviction paladin (not partied) running shotgun in about 10 mins

can get from 1-50 in less than 1hr 45 mins without trying too hard

10. weep

weep Diabloii.Net Member

shouldn't be hard to leach in the runs during the day when there's less peeps around

11. goomba

goomba Diabloii.Net Member

I self chant, and make cows in norm/nm where folks are doing like act 2/3 questing - that way, I'm effectively solo-ing norm/nm cows.

a lvl 30/31 chant on top of a raven claw is enough to solo even a full game of nm cows if one is careful - in norm, it pretty much lays waste to all the cows.

from there, it depends on the char type as to how I typically level.

for a baba, mid 40s is all that's needed to flayer like crazy with a bsnap until deep into the 6x or 7x range

sora's make very good exp starting at a survivable level of say 4x by either raiding nm games, or doing hell andy/mephy runs - but if you already have good gear, I've started being the teleporter/seal popper in hell cs runs as early as lvl 30...

12. FireMarshal

FireMarshal Diabloii.Net Member

Alright, this is pretty much what I already do. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a quicker way lol.

Mark, I'll hook up with you at some point, my chanter needs leveled more to be more useful. :jig:

13. Akse

Akse Banned

I like my style.. just start fresh off and run to blood moor(maybe mule some start items before) then i just run thru every area killing special mobs and doing quests. i suppose its not the fastest way but quite fast if you know what u doing.

This same style is really efficient in nightmare since all the areas are covered with special mobs + minions and when u have ran thru areas to act4 you see that you have nice ~55lvls :p

14. JudasXPriest

JudasXPriest Diabloii.Net Member

doing that is pretty fun, but power leveling with a chanter lets u level alot, and not use any of your stat/skill points, which some people like to do.

15. Akse

Akse Banned

yeah but it feels like cheating to me :p

I've been thinking of this scenario a lot:
    1.06: twinking with no lvl req uniques was claimed lame by many (i did that)
    1.09: everyone knew the huge cow lvl leeching 99% used it. (never did that)
    1.10: enchating boosting + cow level.. 99% uses it. (sometimes have had ench)

I liked the no lvl req unique twinkin a lot better than the 2 others. At least u were able to play urself then :D I still have a nice load of them (bonesnap,twich etc) in no ladder SC, if I am to make a new char there some time it will be fun again :p

oh well this is just my usual crying about the state of this game.. i just want the pre-lod patch back again :p it was so insanely fun.

16. BlastoNecrosis

BlastoNecrosis Diabloii.Net Member

mmmm....standing in town gaining cow exp...no lvl req's on uniques...when iceblink was gg barb armor :grin: ...man...those were the days.

~nostalgia

17. lilyxinseven

lilyxinseven Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Quickest way to power level?

First of all, let people boost you to act 5, on normal they do that for free alot.
    1 to 14 - Tristram runs (where you save cain)
    14 to 20 - Tomb runs (the ending of act 2)
    20 - 24 - Cow levels
    24 - 25 - Ancients quest (last quest act 5)
    Now DO NOT KILL BAAL UNTIL ATLEAST 40.
    25 - 45 - Baal runs (Killing the minions he spawns, gives about 1 level per run until 40)
    Now comes the hard part, you need to get someone to boost you through Nightmare. You could offer your hellforge, which is a quest in act 4.
    45 - 65 - Baal runs on nightmare
    Now even harder to get a boost on hell. Same strategy, offer your hellforge.
    65 - 99 - Baal runs on hell

Edit: Uber leveling needs you to be boosted through hell, while at low level. That takes almost as long as getting to hell in my way. Besides even then, further then 65 it's baal runs >_>

I will give the best way to level fast
    Visit the site http://www.mmo1st.com/diablo-1/power-leveling-61/useast-non-ladder-65/
    This site can lv up to 90 in 48 hours(always in 24hours)
    and u also can get lv90 char in 1hour if u dont care about your char name just vist this site
    http://www.mmo1st.com/diablo-1/premade-account-62/useast-non-ladder-69/
    Enjoy your D2 time

18. TraderScope

TraderScope Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm, this forum is for Classic Diablo only :whistling:

19. fledgeling

fledgeling Diabloii.Net Member

boost me to act5 for hell forge please

20. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

Experience Rushing Guide (ERG)

(this will probably be a good guide to have stickied, warlock, if u dont mind doing so)

(anyone who can add, correct, or fill in missing info on exp or this guide will be greatly apreciated!)

Exp Rushing Guide (ERG) :

key/legend

*exp=experience
    *clvl=character level
    *exp gives clvls (obviously, but my point is that u can or i might use them interchangibly)
    *req=requirement
    *norm (normal), nm (nightmare), hell (hell)=difficulty levels
    *cat=catacombs
    *tombs=tombs in canyon of magi
    *canyon=canyon of magi
    *river=river of flame
    *cs=chaos sanactuary
    *cows=cow area/level

simple exp rushing:

1. more quest rushing req :

1A. clvl 1-15 stony field stones (norm, act 1) and tristram (norm, act 1)
    1B. clvl 15-20 catacombs (norm, act 1) to canyon tombs (norm, act 2)
    1C. clvl 20-25 cow area (norm, act 1)
    1D. clvl 25-99 river of flame and chaos sanctuary (hell, act 4)

2. less quest rushing req :

2A. clvl 01-15 stony field stones (norm, act 1) and tristram (norm, act 1)
    2B. clvl 15-20 catacombs (norm, act 1) to canyon tombs (norm, act 2)
    2C. clvl 20-30 cow area (norm, act 1)
    2D. clvl 30-45 cow area (nm, act 1)
    2E. clvl 45-99 river of flame and chaos sanctuary (hell, act 4)

complex exp rushing:

tips/pointers/secrets/mechanics about exp

1. more players (humans) in game more exp from monsters, but monsters are stronger too. unpartied or partied makes no difference.

2. whoever gets the killing blow to monster receives extra/bonus exp

3. when u are NOT in party:

3A. when your clvl is within 5 levels (above or below) the monster's level (mlvl=monster level) u get full exp from that monster's exp amount (no exp penalty).

for example: you are clvl 10. monster is mlvl 5-15. monster's exp amount is 100 exp. u will than get 100 exp from monster.

3B. when your clvl is NOT within 5 levels (above or below) the monster's level (mlvl=monster level) u get LESS exp from that monster's exp amount (exp penalty).

for example: you are clvl 10. monster is mlvl 0-4 or mlvl 16-99. monsters exp amount is 100 exp. u get LESS exp than 100. the more the level difference between u and monster the more the exp penalty. you always will get 5% exp of the monster's exp amount (i think, but am not sure, u might get even NO exp)

4. party exp: u or others MUST be within 2 character screens (for current-newest patch, at least, because i don't know what patch this was introduced in) and same area (i think. not sure when u at the transition spot between areas and u and party are within 2 character screens though) and NOT in town for exp from each others' kills.

5. when u ARE in party:

(i have NO idea how this works, whoever does, please post as i and probably others would love to know/understand exp when in party)

5A. when u make the kill (in a party):

(i have NO idea how this works, whoever does, please post as i and probably others would love to know/understand exp when in party)

5B. when someone else makes the kill (in your party):

6. diablo's exp: Is there the 8 player diablo exp glitch? confirmed or erroneous? if confirmed, how does it work? if confirmed, is it only for hell difficulty or all difficulties?

7. exp shrine: gives 15% ? (i do NOT know what the actual % is) exp bonus when the person WHO HAS IT MAKES THE KILL.

7A. exp shrine when in party:

7B. does the rest of the party members receive bonus exp if the exp shrine party member makes the kill or is the bonus ONLY for him?

8. special monsters (any NON-normal monsters, which includes even normal council, i think) gives EXTRA exp (and better chance that drops will be higher quality).

8A. so any champion, unique, super unique, quest bosses (possible these are part of the super uniques), act bosses, council (even normal council members, i think), AND their minion monster spawns (the monsters WILL have the special monsters' mods on them too. for example: rakan's speedy fallen by the stones in stony field or normal monsters like archers that have the same elem damage, like cold or fire, mod as the special monster they spawn with) GIVES U MUCH MUCH MORE EXP than when killing normal monsters.

8B. in summary: KILL any/all NON-normal monsters for MUCH better exp. ignore all normal monsters! they are pointless!

9. conviction and LR (LR=lower resist) and decrepify (according to wiki) really speed up killing for elem damage dealers.

10. enchant (especially + ravenclaw/hellcast bow/xbow) really speed up killing (non fire immunes or non high fire resistants)

11. fanaticism, concentration, might, amp (amp=amplify), decrepify really speed up killing with phys damage dealing characters.

12. decrepify (according to wiki) speeds up killing with magical damage dealers

13. battle cry, taunt?, enchant, blessed aim, and inner sight help with hitting the monsters

14. enchant + ravenclaw/hellcast + conviction + LR is the fastest way for any any character to exp rush/level for early and low mid clvls.

15. cows have been HEAVILY NERFED in both exp and drops. but they don't req quest rushing (its in act 1, no req's to go into cow area/level) and there's lots of cows. so they are still very popular for lots of people.

16. cs gives HUGE exp compared to cows, except norm cs possibly (still not sure about norm cs' exp). but for nm, cs is way better than cows. nm cows u can go from ~clvl 30-45. nm cs u can go from clvl ~45-60. And, of course, hell cs is better than hell cows (doh, hell cs is the best, and contains the only monster, diablo, for exp leveling from clvl ~93-99 ! )

17. best experience is being in an 8 player game *UN*partied with a LR necro and conviction paladin (who are NOT killing and NOT partied. they are jsut tagging along to put the LR and conviction on monsters for u) and U doing elem damage (enchant+ravenclaw/hellcast for early to low mid clvls).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008