quick ?

PanteraRIP

Diabloii.Net Member
quick ?

Do characters ever expire? I am not talking about when you first make them either... I am talking about after the 2 hours playing so they won't disappear in 10 days...... what if you go months without playing whatever character? Is he forever safe from poofing? I suppose you'd get a warning first but hadda ask.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: quick ?

Blizzard doesn't warn you when they let your characters expire. There's just a bug type thing right now that makes them still resurrectable after the expiration date has passed.
After you have permed your characters, they can still disappear. I believe it takes like, 60 or 90 days or something.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

It's not really a bug, but rather a change in how Blizzard handle character expiration. Now, when a character expires it's character name comes up for grabs. If you log into the character before someone else uses that name then you can refresh the expiration and continue to use it. If, however, someone tries to create a character with that name then you've lost your expired character. So theoretically if you use a character name that no-one would ever use, then your character would never be lost, even if it expires.

Traditionally they used to delete the character when it expired.

theBanger

Diabloii.Net Member

It's not really a bug, but rather a change in how Blizzard handle character expiration. Now, when a character expires it's character name comes up for grabs. If you log into the character before someone else uses that name then you can refresh the expiration and continue to use it. If, however, someone tries to create a character with that name then you've lost your expired character. So theoretically if you use a character name that no-one would ever use, then your character would never be lost, even if it expires.

Traditionally they used to delete the character when it expired.
Who the **** knows this stuff!!!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member

before this thread gets closed, If I named my char dsfter54tdsfgesrt, or something that no human or bot would use and I let it expire after 60 days, I can reuse it after the expiration?

Betrayal

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, i want to revive my hammerdin but his name was taken apparently. Does that mean when the character with that name expires, i will be able to refresh my hammerdin? Oh and by the way the character has been expired for a good 2-3 years.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, i want to revive my hammerdin but his name was taken apparently. Does that mean when the character with that name expires, i will be able to refresh my hammerdin? Oh and by the way the character has been expired for a good 2-3 years.
No. When the other person created their character with your character's name, your character's data files were removed and his was created. You cannot salvage your character anymore.