quick run walk question.. plz.. ty

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
According to the formula of the strategy compendium (here), FRW bonuses from skills are not subject to diminishing returns, but the "FRW per skill point" bonus is, i.e. the skill itselfs gives lesser FRW increments at high skill levels. FRW from equipment adds (FRW*150)/(FRW+150) % to FRW, which means that it's subject to diminishing returns and that you cannot get more than a 150% bonus to effective running speed from equipment.

TwiztedLotus

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
According to the formula of the strategy compendium (here), FRW bonuses from skills are not subject to diminishing returns, but the "FRW per skill point" bonus is, i.e. the skill itselfs gives lesser FRW increments at high skill levels. FRW from equipment adds (FRW*150)/(FRW+150) % to FRW, which means that it's subject to diminishing returns and that you cannot get more than a 150% bonus to effective running speed from equipment.
okay so 150% would be best to aim for?

TwiztedLotus said:
okay so 150% would be best to aim for?
You can't get 150% actually :p E.g even with 10k of f w/r you would only have 150*10000/(150+10000) = 147

Edit: But it is like a function going towards 150, but never reaches it... or what you say :p

Btw. I was just wondering about the f r/w from skills. E.g with 100% f r/w with no skill incresement I would have 60% f r/w if I then include e.g. 40% from the barbs increased speed skill, and I think it is 171% from frenzy, would I then have 211%+60%? Or would it just be 211% because the euqiptment speed gets overided? :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
No. FRW from equipment gets modified like this:

True FRW(equip) = (FRW(equip)*150)/(FRW(equip)+150)

No matter how many FRW from equipment you have, the true bonus from it will always be less than 150%.

50% -> 37%
100% -> 60%
150% -> 75%
200% -> 85%

and in theory

500% -> 115%
5,000% ->145%
50,000% -> 149%

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
Btw. I was just wondering about the f r/w from skills. E.g with 100% f r/w with no skill incresement I would have 60% f r/w if I then include e.g. 40% from the barbs increased speed skill, and I think it is 171% from frenzy, would I then have 211%+60%? Or would it just be 211% because the euqiptment speed gets overided? :)
The're added, although at that speed you wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Lazy_BerZerker said:
Yes but I included from skills, and gear... ;)
Sorry, my posting was meant as a reply to TwiztedLotus. It seems you made your posting while I wrote mine :)

hehe okay :p hmm I won't notice the difference :( so I could just as well only use high lvl frenzy for high speed and ignore everything else? :) What would the diference be in yard/sec or what you call it? :p

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Only 100% FR/W
walk: 6.4 yards/s
run: 8.4 yards/s
With Frenzy and IS alone:
Walk: 12.44 yards/s
run: 14.44 yards/s
Frenzy, IS and 100% FR/W:
walk: 14.84 yards/s
run: 16.84 yards/s

On bnet you'd problably start running into black walls if you go any faster than this.

RTB said:
Only 100% FR/W
walk: 6.4 yards/s
run: 8.4 yards/s
With Frenzy and IS alone:
Walk: 12.44 yards/s
run: 14.44 yards/s
Frenzy, IS and 100% FR/W:
walk: 14.84 yards/s
run: 16.84 yards/s

On bnet you'd problably start running into black walls if you go any faster than this.
Okay hehe :p I was just wondering if it was possible to run faster than a sorc could tele or a pala could charge?
How many yards/s does a 200% FCR sorc take, and the same question about a charger ^^

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
Okay hehe :p I was just wondering if it was possible to run faster than a sorc could tele or a pala could charge?
How many yards/s does a 200% FCR sorc take, and the same question about a charger ^^
This post may have some of the information you are looking for, but I didn't do anything with chargadins.

Also, the item FRW breakpoint may be 120 in 1.10. The page listed on diabloii.net is for 1.09, and i think i saw someone say that 1.10 was 120. I may be wrong there though.

thegiantturtle said:
This post may have some of the information you are looking for, but I didn't do anything with chargadins.

Also, the item FRW breakpoint may be 120 in 1.10. The page listed on diabloii.net is for 1.09, and i think i saw someone say that 1.10 was 120. I may be wrong there though.
I don't think there are FRW breakpoints? As I stated in another post it is an equation :p

btw. I had already founded the answer as I posted in another post somewhere in here (it was a bit messy though) were I concluded a sorc had a speed on ~ 45 Yards/sec and a Frenzy barb with lots of + skills and other r / w skills had ~ 22 Yards / sec :)

I still haven't found out how fast a Charger is with / without Vigor and how leap affects your r / w speed :-\

RTB said:
Try this link for Charge/Vigor.
Thx a lot :D a very nice site!

Though something confused me :p.

Charge = 9 yards / s with no + f r / w from skills, so it is possible to walk faster than a charger can charger ;) (theoretically)

The thing that confuses me is this: the site says that charge won't benefit from f r / w equiptment, but it will from f r / w skills as vigor? So if I get some charge charges on a e.g. 22 yard / s running barb would he then be able to go up to ~ 30 yards / s??? that would be like 3 screens a sec! :p and for a 6 second frenzy it would be something like 18 screens :S Or is it only vigor that effects charge? :p

Btw: How about leap? How does it go together with f r / w? Could be interesting if you could leap so fast that your opponument would be stunlocked like forever ^^

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Skill FR/W affects Charge.

Leap has a fixed animation, it can't be made faster.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think there are FRW breakpoints? As I stated in another post it is an equation :p
I meant cap, not breakpoint. I just heard 120 bandied about by thrugg (i think) instead of the 150 i was used to.

thx to both of you ^^

I still don't get the limit/cap thingy at 120 :p would be nice with further explanation :)

So you can't leap faster? :( Then I guess frenzy/leap combo is out of the question :p

Hmm if an ordinary charger (who has might/fana activated all the time) charges with 9 yards pr. sec, and a frenzy barb walking with 14 yards / sec then the walking barb would be faster? :D

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
I still don't get the limit/cap thingy at 120 :p would be nice with further explanation :)
I'd stick to 150, because I can't remember that it changed to 120.

So you can't leap faster? :( Then I guess frenzy/leap combo is out of the question :p
You can't leap faster.

Hmm if an ordinary charger (who has might/fana activated all the time) charges with 9 yards pr. sec, and a frenzy barb walking with 14 yards / sec then the walking barb would be faster? :D
Yes, but you also need to keep in mind that the charger only has that speed up to the point he clicked, so he doesn't go 9 yards/s all the way.