Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by AniMal KingDom, Jul 14, 2008.

1. AniMal KingDom

AniMal KingDom IncGamers Member

Quick Questions

1. How do you people deal with dolls? I play a hdin and it seems tough to get those lil pricks. :rant:

2. How does the town kill hack work? I dont wanna know where to get it or anything, just were in town can I get pk'ed? (Wondering because i was pked while shopping with charsi)

2. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Re: Quick Questions

1a. VERY CAREFULLY.....

1b. Let your MERC take the dmg...

2. Town Kill is a 2 prong attack involving 2 pkers... and victims. Basically, it involves a Chanter n and char that can summon (Zon / Druid / Necro / Sin).. There usually is a BRIDGE involved... the chanter n her bow merc r outside town chanted... 2nd char in town summoning w/e... hostiled... the summoner char summons up and places on bridge.. bow merc tries to hit but can end up hitting bystanders in the "SAFETY" of TOWN....

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Should note:
    -bridge isn't necessary, it can be done anywhere that an A1 merc will have line of site on you
    -summons are not necessary either, someone can just be standing there dodging arrows themselves... especially if it's the chanted version, the person dodging could just have 95% FR and be virtually immune to it so no risk to them if they don't get out of the way of an arrow
    -and finally, chant is also not a requisite, any A1 merc can shoot into town, the only trick is getting them to do enough damage to kill... high level mercs kill low level players, low level mercs could have chant from earlier, and pally auras buff merc damage too

So basically, if there are people hostile to you (or you're going afk in general), make sure you're behind a wall in town. And doubly don't go to the bloodmoor to try and watch them duel... I think that's the most common way to sucker people in.

Edit: Also, best way to avoid death to dolls...stop playing an hdin and level a sorc, I hate hdins for that very reason ^^

4. AniMal KingDom

AniMal KingDom IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the help guys.

But what if I hate sorcies? :\

5. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

How's that possible?

6. HeroQuest

HeroQuest Banned

Maybe he's like me and has a really rubbish computer that means i cant tele anywhere. Hence never making a sorc. Ever.

And dolls killed me lastnight, so i dont think i'm qualified to give advice on how to deal with them. . .

7. Tanooki

Tanooki IncGamers Member

If you're an hdin, you should have redemption. Let your act 2 merc handle the majority of the dolls, and "eat" their bodies as quickly as they die.

Also, try to teleport to one side, if a large group has surrounded you. Your merc is (I understand) unaffected by their death-splosion damage. He'll survive.

8. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Well the Tele part on an H-din resides on the main factor is that u have to be able to TELE...

Choices:

1. Tele Ammy
    2. Weps that give tele charges
    3. Enigma

And thx for the correction Mousey...

9. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Sanctuary

What? My last Hdin had it, along with Conviction. I didn't care to dump so many points into Holy Shield when I had more then enough plus skills. The knockback should keep them off of you, or at least should hopefully keep them outta pop-kill range.

Max block helps, since you can block there death explosions.

Don't go around them.

DR% like from Shako, Dungo's, etc.

Porting on by.

High enough life to not feel it to much.

Generally though, just let the Merc take em. With your Conc on him, he should plow through the pack fast enough. Just be careful of the desyncing. Lost a Necro once that way.