Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Zpliffman, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

Quick Questions

Hi, I just have a few quick questions and maybe you guys can help me to find an answer.

1: What is the best golem to use for a psn necro?

2: The resistance on my necro isn't great should I switch to wiz with a psn rbf?

3: Is trang oul shield worth max blocking?

4: What boots are nice for a psn necro? Right now I use Perf waterwalk but if I can't max the the dex then those are pretty worthless.

I hope you guys can help me with these problems.
    Thanks

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1. I'm not going to say it's the best golem...since some people prefer other golems...but I find that you can't go wrong with Clay golem. Very easy to recast, so you can always place him where you need him, and the slow ability is very very nice. If you have the wealth to make Iron Golem out of sweet runewords that would be nice too.

2. That depends on how bad they are and if you're using revives/skellies as meatshields. If you have negative resists Wizardspike seems like a very nice choice, because Gloams and other elemental attackers will really hurt. If your resists are lowish you can probably squeeze by with some meatshields and strategic golem placing/cursing. Wizardspike is very nice but there are so many great necro wands that I feel it would be a waste...Maybe try to get resists elsewhere.

3. Depends if you are using revives/skeletons...if you are I wouldn't do it, since you'd be very safe if you play carefully. If you only use golem+merc then I might consider it...still not too keen on it with only 60% block.

4. Waterwalks are nice...but rare boots with resists might be just what you need...they can spawn with very great mods, can also have MF:)

Hope this helps.

3. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

4. Marrow can be nice if u are willing to use the bugg >_<

4. Zpliffman

Chimaira, thank you for your input! The golem that i will most likely choose will be the clay golem. How does the Iron golem work?
    Now i am making a pure psn necro but i am not really sure of what wand i should use and since i don't have a death web i am tottaly lost on this part.
    To your other question, yes i am only going to use golem+merc but like you said it is the 60% block and ofcourse that will take a lot of dex.

Tastychicken, thank you aswell for your input! But sadly no i do not want to use the bug since i can't in league regulations.

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Blackbogs would be a good weapon to use in place of death's web, it has pretty good +skills and allows you the versatility of stabbing and running if the situation need be. The White runeword made into a wand with +Poison Nova would be a decent weapon as well :)

Try very hard to get 3 pieces of trang put together (shield, gloves, and another piece, belt preferrably, but armor would be easier to get) as it gives you a nice -25% to enemy poison resistance. -res in gear is the most important stat for a venomancer (it works differently than the -res from lower resistance), as it increases your poison damage per second, and the amount of time your poison deals damage either due to a bug or feature. This is why deaths web is so powerful, with the whopping -40% to -50% to enemy poison resistance.

-res in gear also is not effected by the 1/5 penalty on immunes (though you must break the immunity with lower resistance first.)

You also get a decent firewall that can kill things in hell with three piece trang :)

6. Chimaira

You're welcome:)

You have to make an Iron Golem out of an item, that's made of metal...so no bows, and clubs, etc. The Iron Golem will also get the properties of the items he's made out of. This is especially usefull if you have access to higher-end runewords with auras (drool:)). Also with good enough summon resist and +% resistance on an item an Iron Golem could become invincible to elemental attacks. Just beware that the Iron Golem can still die...would be pretty crappy to lose that Beast Iron Golem you just made to Iron Maiden. Another very good use for Iron Golem is to make it out of something with Crushing Blow and use it against act bosses...where poison usually takes a long time finishing them of.

I really feel that the Clay golem is better than Iron Golem, unless you have a ready supply of Beast or Pride runewords. With Clay you get the slowing effect, and you can reposition him where he will benefit you the most, very important if you're not going with minions.

7. Zpliffman

I was just wondering. How does a venommancer do in hell? does he kill well?
    I am going to try my hardest to get a death web :D so I hope that will work.
    Also another question... What if i socket my trang shield with shael? It will increase my blocking by 20% or would that be a waste socketed?

8. Chimaira

A well built Venommancer with all the good stuff, will do extremely well in Hell. If you only have decent equipment he's not so good, although still viable. The key to a venomancer is -% enemy resists as Necrochild said, and also +% poison damage, but they usually come together. If you get a Death's Web you shouldn't have trouble killing in Hell.

Shael "only" gives 20% Faster Block Rate...not 20% better chance to block...and faster block rate isn't really suited for this build...so it will be a waste. Um rune is very nice, or if you really want the blocking Eld for 7%...although I'd definitely recommend Um.

9. Zpliffman

What do you mean with good stuff?

10. Chimaira

For a Venomancer to really shine he pretty much needs a Death's Web...he can do without but that wand is so godly it's not even funny. You also need the usual caster +skills items...Shako, Stone Of Jordan, Mara's Caleidoscope...stuff like that. Also 3-part Trang set is very nice for a venomancer, and it's not that difficult to get, unlike Death's Web. Bramble runeword armor is also an option for even more boost to poison damage. The most effective way to get good poison damage is to lower the enemy's resist...Lower Resist curse will help, 3-part Trang will help, and Death's Web will help a lot, it really will add a lot to this build. There are several other options to consider that will get you through the game too. Necrolemming pointed them out: Blackbogs Sharp & White runeword...the unique necro wands with +2 skills are also decent.

11. Zpliffman

My gear would be:

Helm: Shako (5/5 psn)
    Armour: Enigma Bp
    Weapon: Death web
    shield: Trang
    Belt: Trang
    Gloves: Trang
    Amu: maras 27
    Rings: Sojs

that was what i was thinking

12. Chimaira

That is certainly high-end equipment:) Although I'd prefer Chains Of Honour over Enigma unless you're going to be mostly Magic Finding...

13. Zpliffman

I wanted to use enigma for the teleporting skill :). Yes i was planning on doing some mfing aswell. How does a venommancer do in hell cow in general?

14. Chimaira

Very well...with your gear the cows should have very bad negative poison resist, and it's not like it's difficult to aim Poison Nova:)

15. Zpliffman

Well i am building my venommancer!!! I have all my gear and charms so im ready to kick some butt! I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with building my first necromancer :)

16. AmericanIdiot

AmericanIdiot IncGamers Member

No problem that is why we are here:)

17. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Have fun :D, and make us proud :evil: