Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

quick question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Heeman, May 25, 2005.

1. Heeman

Heeman IncGamers Member

quick question

wassup guys, im playing single player because the realms are down again... GRRR..so pass the time im playing single player.. i wanna make a Necromancer who can have good resistance in Hell and have no problems with bosses and Hell. from the other posts i see people like the bonemage and very dislike the summoner. which is a good guide to follow?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

bone necros aren't the best for pvm because your bone spirit won't be able to handle the numerous enemies. I would suggest summon necro. It's a lot easier and less item dependent.

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Actually, bone vs. summon (I call them Skelemancers, though --- they don't really summon anything, as they create minions from *corpses*, not out of nothing) is a question of playing preference (they are completely different characters, and need completely different playing style) and available gear: a bonemancer needs carefully selected gear, whereas a Skelemancer is far less demanding.

Of course, any bonemancer has corpse explosion --- it might just be 1 point as prereq, but since bonemancers try to get as many +poisonbone skills as possible it should get to a decent level nonetheless.

Also, there is bonespear... less damage per hit (before some very high level), but it pierces --- so a single spear can hit multiple monsters, thus doing much more damage than a spirit.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Summoners are the easiest to play without good gear. Bonemancers are cool, but getting the right gear is tough and when you do get decent gear, balancing resists and other defensive options with +skills and FCR can be tricky without simply being able to trade for charms etc. Bonemancers are most popular as duelling characters rather than casual SP characters but they can still be a lot of fun in PvM.

I'll bet the majority of people who don't like Summoners haven't played Summoners. That or the added Micro of actually casting amp damage and sometimes attract is way too much for their level of skill. It seems like every other week that somebody who never bothered to try Necros for years starts spazzing about how cool they are in this forum. Give Summoners a shot. They are an excellent intro to Necros.

5. Heeman

Heeman IncGamers Member

so which guide do you ppl prefer is good. i just want a good build that will last me through Hell and kills bosses =).. any build will do me just fine because this will be my 1st necro

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

NightFish' guide is the most well-written and comprehensive for skelliemancers. The basics of any skelliemancer build end at 46 points and a Might Merc though. 20/20 in Raise Skeletons and Skeleton Mastery (crank RS first it gives more for your buck in the long run), 1/1 in Clay Golem and Golem Mastery, 1 in Summon Resists (essential to get this before Diablo normal or he'll kill all your skellies in one fire nova), 1 point in Teeth to get 1 in Corpse Explode, and 1 point in amp damage. You'll also find Decrepify on top of the Clay Golem's slow ability very useful for bosses and attract handy for crowd control since it is the one curse that isn't overwritten by other curses. Beyond that, whether to grab 20 in mages, go for extra revives, hybradize with bone skills, etc. is up to you.

Bonemancers are also pretty straightforward. I'd advise getting 1 point in Confusion and putting the rest into Spear, Teeth, Spirit and the remaining synergies. Save Bone Prison for last in case you get lucky and happen across a pair of Marrow Walks which will give you a free 33 synergies in prison if you haven't put any skills into it yet. You'll want good +skills and FCR at 75 for this build. If you happen upon Dol and Io runes, shop for a 2 socket (or socketable via Larzuk) wand with +3 to bonespear. The runeword White will make it a +8 Bone Spear wand.

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

since its your first necro, definitely go for summoner necro (aka skellimancer)