Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mistiquo, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

Quick question

I'm currently making a lightning sorc, lvl 72-73 or something like that...
    I have maxed CL, L and LM and am very busy maxing nova.
    My gear is: full Tal rasha set, lidless wall, silkweave boots, frost burns, 2x SoJ
    BUT! I also have some wizardspikes, harlequin crests and stuff, now, my questions:
    1. Should I further max nova and/or CB for the CL/L synergies OR should I get another element for lightning immunes?
    2. If the answer to "1." was "yes", what skill should I use? (keep in mind, I'm on a VERY strict skill point plan)
    3. What gear should I use best? the Tal Rasha/the uniques/other?

Thank You in advance...

P.S.: what does twinked mean?

2. XLeper_MessiahX

XLeper_MessiahX IncGamers Member

I'd go with another element for the Lightning Immunes. It'd be nice to be able to help your merc out a little on those pesky guys.

I'm running a Meteorb Sorc right now, and I definitely think that 2 elements are better than 1. Once you get to Hell, everything is immune to at least 1 element. Having 2 keeps you from having to wait for your merc to clear out entire mobs.

For the other skill, I'd say Frozen Orb. At the very least go with something projectile rather than area. My experience in 1.1 is that Fireball does too little damage without the synergies.

For gear, I'm using Disciple w/ Occy, Shako, Lidless, Dwarf Star and Raven Frost. If your going w/ something that doesn't have specific boots, get a Wisp Projector instead of Raven Frost and get the Merman's Sprocket boots.

3. lazygun

lazygun IncGamers Member

I don't agree. I think you should just keep to one skill tree, and make that one element very powerful. I have a standard meteor sorc who does very well in hell, even though I did not invest some 30 points in frozen orb like the other ones do (I maxed shiver armor whehehe yes I'm crazy but I like having 6k defense with a vipermagi).

As for the immunes: I wait for my merc to kill them. It doesnt take him long if you equip him well. Trading for a good weapon should be high on everyone's priority list. It's not that I sit back and relax while he hacks away; I static and teleport him around A LOT. I see that many people don't help their mercs out. If you teleport on to a monster, it's as if you are attacking it instead of your merc (you will need max block and good def for this though). You're worried about the immunes -> means you are a solo player -> mercs can kill pretty well while solo'ing.

And by the way, don't you want to be one of the main killing machines in an 8 person baal run? ;)

As for the items, hmmmmmm. Somewhere there is a thread on lightning sorcs, check that out. Griffons head thing is supposedly very nice as a lightning sorc, 25% light dmg if I'm not mistaken.

4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

i agree with lazygun, my pure cold blizz sorc works wonders, CI's are sometimes a problem, but with an act2 merc wearing:
    Tals mask - cheap, not ugly on merc and nice LL
    Shaftstop socketed with 37ED
    Reapers Toll socketed with 34ED

he tends to kill quickly. Again i agree with lazygun, tp about to help/save him, join the fight to distract attention from him (assume nice magic armour and decent block). And if u feel u must cast to save him, shop/trade about for an orb etc with nice + to different element spell. I use a nice +3 meteor +2 All skills orb which i switch to if i fancy blasting some CI's - it doesn't do uber damage, say slvl 13 or so with my +skills from elsewhere, but it does contribute to killing the CI's that bit quicker.

If you are really having problems with 1 element just party for that tricky quest bit. If CI's appear in an MF run, either slog it out, or if speed is your thing, just go mf somewhere else :D

It's all about player preference - i'd prefer to have 1 very powerful attack, than 2 semi powerful ones.

5. lazygun

lazygun IncGamers Member

Hehe, I got the same merc setup as you. Cept my shaft is upgraded to 1500 def :D

(By the way, Merman's Sprocket. How come it isn't among the items listed on the Arreat Summit website? I've never seen them before on bnet)

edit: DUDE I just looked it up on diabloii.net. It's way too good to be real. Anyone have these?

6. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

Hmmm, well, I think I'm just gonna put some points into FO then (everything gets +9 anyway!) not so much that it'll hurt my main kill skill, of course...
    As for the eq. I'll send tal rasha flying and take all the uniques...
    Thanx for the quick replies!

7. Glacial Trail

Glacial Trail IncGamers Member

Merman's are disabled.

Also, pure Fire or pure Cold is easier than pure Lightning - since Fire or Cold can still take down immunes to half life with just 1 point in Static.