Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

quick question re socketed/life armors

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by NEURO_CKY, Apr 12, 2005.

1. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

quick question re socketed/life armors

how do you get these?
    i am referring of course to artisian plate of the wale/squid/etc.
    im currently looking for these...but i think im obviously missing something.
    can they be shopped? what are the secrets to getting these nice dueling armors??
    any help or input would be greatly appreciated...thx!!!

CampKillYourself

2. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Probably not the answer you were wanting, but I haven't had any coffee yet and couldn't resisit the temptation (sorry).

I find that killing monsters is usually a good way :)

Seriously though ...
    Just quest through hell and you'll have more than you can use.

DelBoy

3. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

That information is very wrong. Artisans of whale(4 socks, 100 life) is very rare combination, which makes it worthful.
    I'd try shopping in hell act5, chances are that you wont find one.

4. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

What would you put in an armor such as this? 4 Perfect Rubies?

5. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

duelers put max max or ed jewels, or 15/15 jewels in them...etc. i just want to shop a few to sell to the filthy rich.

ya i kinda just ignored the first post.....as he is totally clueless it seems. he suggests to simply quest thru hell (which i do with all my chars) and youll have an abundance of 4 sock/life armors.....but this is simply not true. ive also tried shopping awhile in hell act 5....and zavior is correct that its very rare to see any sock/life items. ive mainly tried larzurk....are there any other places i should be checking? i guess ill just keep checking the shops in act 5 in betweeen baal games. thx for the responses (mainly zavior tho....as he seems to be the only one that responded that even remotely knew what he was talkin about).

CampKillYourself

6. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure anya can sell them as well. She can also sell some cool claws and is the easiset to "run" since you can pop into pindles portal to refresh her items.

7. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

I've found one after around 700+ times checking Larzuk (he is your best bet). They are very rare, just check him each time in baal or mf runs and you will find one eventually!

8. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Sorry you feel this way - maybe I should have qualified the statement by saying that I found stuff like this when questing hell. My mf at the time was fairly low, which may have made a difference.

You are not completely wrong when you say that I'm totally clueless. I didn't realise that these things had a high trade value and just sold them to vendors. I'll be more careful next time.

DelBoy

9. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

the jewelers what ever of the whale are nice but its rare to get one and it be on a good armor. anya in hell sells then and chance to see her with archon plate, this would most likely be the best target item to look for, high def with low str makes this item very valueable. now in ladder we now have an armor called fortitude, this armor has resist, life, chance to cast lvl 15 chilling armor and 300%ed dmg, this item has probably made a jewelers armor of whale worth less then thay once were, only thing i can see this kinda of item out doing fortitude is maybe on a character that need ias of dmg like a zon.

so i am saying get a fortitude (if your on ladder) it will be better, if your not on ladder &a zon in big need of ias, id look for one on anya in hell, u can pop in and out of the red portal and shop her fast.