Quick question on LS

Quick question on LS

From what I understand, -enemy resistance doesn't work with traps, because they are considered minions, right?
I also understand minions do more damage in pvp then a person, because they have a lower penalty (1/4 compared to pvp 1/6 or 17%) The AS is a bit obscure and possibly wrong in their explanation.
Arreat Summit said:
When attacking other players, all damage of attacks and spells are cut in half. Minions do 1/4 damage except for Skeletons which do more damage. Some spells are special cased, such as Paladin Thorns, which will only do 1/10th the damage against other players. The duration of poison, cold, are not affected unless the player has equipment that relates to those elemental attacks.

Valkyries, Hirelings, Skeletons, and Golems will attack other players when Hostile. Minion's damage will be cut in half when attacking other players.
Minions do 1/4 in pvp, then they say the damage is cut in half? Which is correct, and if LS are in fact considered minions could they be doing a lot more damage then they should?

Lol fenris I think this forum isnt 'happening' enough for anyone to even answer it...

I noticed questions here need Days to be answered.

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
WvX_leader said:
Lol fenris I think this forum isnt 'happening' enough for anyone to even answer it...

THat would explain how good LS seems to be in PvP, but I don't play enough PvP to know.

C-Beat

Diabloii.Net Member
it's kinda hard to test if it does 1/4 or 1/6 of dmg in pvp because the dmg is so random. it's 1-xxxx which makes it very hard to do a reliable test. the error marginals are simply to big to make any conclusions.

C-Beat

mantrid_drone

Diabloii.Net Member
C-Beat said:
it's kinda hard to test if it does 1/4 or 1/6 of dmg in pvp because the dmg is so random. it's 1-xxxx which makes it very hard to do a reliable test. the error marginals are simply to big to make any conclusions.

C-Beat
Why not conduct tests with the fire traps? Very small range there. I guess one has to assume that they are also 'minions' as the light traps are, but that seems to make sense I think.

Antiochous_3

Diabloii.Net Member
WvX_leader said:

lol yea, i have noticed that too. i am used to the pally forum were u get 15 replys within a hour. o well im gonna try to liven things up over here...but first i haveto know what i am doing :)