Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick question on a trade i made.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by distancepieman, Mar 1, 2004.

1. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Quick question on a trade i made.

I know this probably belongs in the trade forums, but I haven't really found them very helpful. Besides that, it's a question a good necro player should be able to answer for me. I play useast, sc, non-ladder, and i just traded away a vamp gaze (252 def, 7ml, 8ll) for an arm of king leoric. Neither myself nor the other trader knew what the arm was worth, so I just poped up some stuff. Did either one of us get ripped off? Or was this a descent deal? Thanks for the input.

~Bails

2. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

Not bad. Most of the time, Gaze is most wanted when it's 08, so that gaze already starts out gimped in comparison. Arm is kinda rare, but lower in trade value. BUT, when you are dealing with lower value items like gaze and arm, most of the stuff is considered relative and equal value in terms of need.

3. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Okay, thanks for the insight. I just said hey, i don't really need the gaze, and he wanted it, so it was good for both of us. Glad to know that I didn't get screwed over thou. :clap:

~Bails

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

now I don't trade anymore, but I can tell you, the value of a gaze is based upon its %DR first and foremost, and while it probably isn't as valuable now as it once was, I would still expect it to be worth more than an arm, but I am completely out of touch

5. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

from my recent experiences in trading, 08 gazes are everywhere and so they make a .1/.09 gaze look much worst and as I said gaze is prob worth more but at the level they are trading at (as in, not for highend runes/runewords, 290 economy), most of that stuff can be traded for any item on the same level without an exceptionally hard time.

To clarify, he didn't really get ripped off, he just traded for something worth only a bit lower).