Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick question: How much avg dmg does Hell Korlic, Talic, Madawc do?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by okey, Apr 23, 2017.

1. okey

okey Diabloii.Net Member

Question in title: How much dmg does hell ancients do? There's no figure listed anywhere in Arreats Summit and can't seem to find it in Google.

Wish to know how much theoritical PDR I must pursue assuming all three are Weakened.

Cheers.

2. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

They're given random rare elite weapons, just like Blood Raven, Valkyrie etc. So you can't determine an exact average damage, hence it's not listed anywhere. But I'm sure someone on the forums has done some calculation about their theoretical maximum damage if they get for ex. Cruel+Master's+whatever Cryptic Axe Korlic.

pharphis likes this.
  3. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

4. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Well this is all the info on the AB Wiki on the Ancients. Doesn't really answer your question, and since onderduiker did most of the wiki over the last few years, I'm not sure he's got more info on them.

5. onderduiker

onderduiker Diabloii.Net Member

There's a bit more information on the Arreat Summit page, courtesy of brianc84. Apparently they only inflict 4-7 base attack damage in Hell (I've corroborated the values myself by viewing MonStats.txt and MonLvl.txt), to which the damage of these magic weapons is presumably added (or it may be ignored in favour of this weapon damage):

Code:
    ANCIENT   WEAPON            DAMAGE
    -------------------------------------------------
    Korlic    Colossus Voulge   17-165 (91 average)
    Madawc    Flying Axe (x2)   15- 66 (40.5 average)
    Talic     Conquest Sword    37- 53 (45 average)

I don't know whether base level (87) or enhanced level (90) is used to determine item level (ilvl), but in both cases it should be possible for every weapon to spawn with a Cruel prefix ( (201-300)% Enhanced Damage) and of Evisceration suffix (+(41-63) Maximum Damage)... so although quite unlikely (unfortunately this affix calculator currently or no longer calculates the odds for you), Korlic could have 72-730 (401 average) attack damage in total, which a critical hit doubles 5% of the time.

Fortunately Korlic's Leap Attack only allows him to leap (before attacking normally), and I'm not sure Talic's level 22 Whirlwind applies its +118% Damage either since player skills aren't always the same when used by monsters (for example, Smite doesn't apply its +% Damage, requires a hit check and can be blocked, whereas Charge does apply its +% Damage, always hits and cannot be blocked). However, each Ancient has 1/6 chance of spawning Extra Strong in Hell (+99% Damage), and 1/21 chance of spawning Aura Enchanted with level 15 Might (+180% Damage) or level 11 Fanaticism (+220% Damage to supplier, +110% Damage to others). Each also has 1/6 chance of spawning Cursed (Damage Resist -100%), which means there's ~42% chance that at least one will.

I don't know whether +6.25% damage for each additional player applies to both attack (4-7) and weapon damage, but unless you're playing (Other) Multiplayer there's no reason to take on the Ancients at higher player counts except for the challenge.

Dezrok, Maltatai, T72on1 and 2 others like this.
  6. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Can their weapons spawn ethereal? They never spawn rare, right? Theoretical max damage would be something like 1100 base max damage from Korlic, before amp, might, extra strong and fanat... Absolute worst possible scenario, he'd hit you for 13 200ish damage while amped... o_O

Dezrok and pharphis like this.
  7. onderduiker

onderduiker Diabloii.Net Member

Unlike Valkyrie and Shadow equipment, which can be viewed in MonEquip.txt, Ancient equipment is hard-coded, which means I'm reliant on the information quoted by RTB in this Amazon Basin post:

I did some tests years ago regarding their defence, resistance and possible immunity from item affixes which leads me to believe the quoted information is (still) accurate, although I don't think I've ever tested their damage (beyond determining that Korlic thankfully doesn't get the full benefits of Leap Attack). I don't know if their weapons can spawn ethereal, but I'd be surprised if they do: I'd expect it to be handled like Valkyrie and Shadow equipment, and since that can change colour depending on item affixes I'd also expect to see translucent weapons if they ever spawned ethereal (which I've never seen myself or reported by others).

Fortunately, the worst case scenario is highly unlikely: assuming ilvl 90, if I'm calculating correctly then there's only 1/101 chance of a Cruel Colossus Voulge (1/2 * (1+5)/303), and only 2/25957 (about 1/12978) chance of a Cruel Colossus Voulge of Evisceration (1/4 * (1+5/303) * 4/257)... and that's just for the weapon, without perfect rolls. However, the possiblity of such extreme damage spikes (some of which are due to bugs) is why I stopped playing Hardcore (particularly for melee characters, who roll the dice much more often than ranged or caster characters).

Zenigma, T72on1, ioupainmax and 5 others like this.