quick question .. everyone prob. has

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
quick question .. everyone prob. has

I was looking at 2 hander BotD words ...

t-maul = 30-180 -106.5 avg. (6 frames)

giant thresher = 40-114 77 avg (5 frames)

eth ribcracker ... dont have stats on that to be honest .. 5 frames

which would be a better investment for a fury ww... i have both t-maul and gt etheral on ladder so that would help them a decent bit dam. wise.

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the Thresher would outperform them all in the end. Although an Elite Ethereal Ribcracker would be quite decent...

santino

Diabloii.Net Member
why not an eth great poleaxe? range of 5 and 86.5 average dmg on a non-eth one but it's 10 slower than GT.

It might be impossible to find, but I just made BOTD out of an Eth Glorious Axe. I have a 5 frame Fury, and it does 441-911 damage (390% BOTD). It has range of 4 too. This is the ultimate Fury weapon. Speed + damage + range.

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, that is pretty nice Uppercut.

Santino: I'm not sure if 60% IAS on a GP breaks the same frame as it does on a GT.

I'm also not sure if GPs get 6 sockets. I think they do, but I had a flash of doubt...

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
gp's do get 6 sockets .... i just dont own an etheral one on ladder yet ... glorious axe eh ... think thats the way to go ?

edit: glorious axe: 60-124 dam. range 4 ... 5 frames.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Done a few lil more research ... i would appreciate some oppinions .. right now im thinking cryptic axe ... higher average and faster .... and isnt THAT hard to find.

cryptic axe: 33-150 (91.5 avg.) 5- frames & 5- range
gp : 46-127 (86.5 avg.) 5-frame & 5-range
archon staff 83-99 (91 avg.) frame-6 & range - 2 (koolness factor in staff
cb ... bah wont even liist ... but frame - 6

Svale

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
Done a few lil more research ... i would appreciate some oppinions .. right now im thinking cryptic axe ... higher average and faster .... and isnt THAT hard to find.

Max sockets in cryptic axe is 5, so kind of hard to make BotD in that one :p

Voice said:

So what 5 socket runeword are you going to socket the Cryptic Axe with? ;)

BTW, with my BOTD Glorious Axe I am doing 7000-15000 damage. Lots of STR and HoW maxed.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
hahahaha DOH well hey at least i TRY to do research before asking questions. Also even if cryptic isnt possible .... why not giant polaxe ..?

glorious vs. polaxe
glorious range 4 / avg. dam. 92 /speed 5

gp range 5, avg./ dam. 86.5/ speed 5

okay ... axe may look kooler but based on stats it really depends on whether you like range or damage more. I am a HUGE fan of reach though so IMO polaxe is greater in stats .... HOWEVER ... axe definitly owns it over all b/c of coolness factor ..... i might go glorious axe shoping.

Lithan

Diabloii.Net Member
How in the name of god do you get these runewords? Find a hacker and trade him an arm and a leg for them? I've never seen a zod drop and neither have any of the people I've spoken with... these are people with a dozen 90+ half for MF'ing only.

Also, I've got an eth 6 socket maul. Any good for this? Or should I hold out for something higher end (example: war club).

Voice said:
hahahaha DOH well hey at least i TRY to do research before asking questions. Also even if cryptic isnt possible .... why not giant polaxe ..?

glorious vs. polaxe
glorious range 4 / avg. dam. 92 /speed 5

gp range 5, avg./ dam. 86.5/ speed 5

COLOR]

Make sure you find an Eth Glorious Axe. Base damage is 90-186, so the median damage is 138.

If you are wondering what a Glorious Axe looks like, here it is. I get bugged all the time with people asking to see it :)

Save Target As... to see pic.

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO eth botd gpa outbests them for a fury werewolf, range 5, higher damage, requiring less str. IIRC, it has the same speed as a GT. 8/5 fpa fury.

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know, I'd say Axe>Poleaxe. But I'd have to try them both to see how much of a difference the range made... *hinthint* :lol:

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
yea i was gonna use eth ... obviously. I just posted non-eth b/c i didnt feel like doing 50% ed that eth gives for all of them.

Super5

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking of eth. giant threshers... say if you found one in the pit, would the socket quest reward give it the max sockets (i.e., 6 sockets)? And how much would this be worth if it did?

Super5

Diabloii.Net Member
Asheron said:
Yeah,it will get the max amount of sockets possible,in that case 6. :)
Thx for the info... of course it's not like I'll have a zod rune anytime soon, so I guess I'll have to trade it somehow.