Quick question before ladder reset

HellPlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick question before ladder reset

I have a wizendraw with p stats and want to make some experiences with cold zons in NL but as I never played a full fa zon advice is needed, the bow must be upgraded to exceptional or elite?Also for this zon experiences I have the runes for ice and 2 bows: matriarchal 3skills and gmb 2 skills, what is better?MB will get better fa dmg but gmb will be better at mana leech with backup skill.Thanks in advance for any help with this,
HellPlayer

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Quick question before ladder reset

MB for ICE. One more skillpt and a faster bow. No contest.

For the Wizendraw.. It only has 80ed, so upping it will not give alot of damage. But since you cant up it on NL, I would do it.

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member

If he's making an ice anyway I'd say keep the wizendraw non-upped since he'd use it only until he can equip ice(?).

HellPlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

What I call experience will be 2 zons, one geared with runewords of that unknow(bleh) origin runes and other with all legit, guess is worth to upgrade.
HellPlayer

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

mb or gmb:
What merc are you going to use? And what will be your CI solution?
GMB ice with faith merc *might* be a solution for CI. Mat on the other hand will lack damage I'm afraid - even gmb won't have that much damage.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

It really depends what else you're going to do with that bow. If it's only for FA and your AR will be low, max +skills (+6 bow > wizendraw > lycander's for example). But if it's an overall use bow and your AR won't totally suck, upped lycander's is actually good (lower AOE damage but higher single target damage and can actually kill stuff with multi) - but you can't up it on NL. If your purpose is to test for ladder you should avoid impossible runewords like ice, which will not be available until at least a couple dupe waves (which is why I'm even considering coming back online for a bit in the firstplace).

If you're using it for both FA and multi/strafe/guided then the high phy dmg bows will probably be better, like faith/windforce (which again you won't have on ladder). Upped lycander's is a good alternative and is actually what I used for my physical/FA bowazon back in the very first ladder season.

This time I'm probably going LF+FA to be less gear dependant and because LF is so good. Will do my best to get lycander's once I have razortail+titan's as while it's a bit lower damage than a +6 bow or a wizendraw, the single-target damage will be quite higher, and I've noticed when testing in single player that having low single-target damage against LIs is actually a problem (while the AOE ability of FA is great).

HellPlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm done with this now, ice mb and upgraded wizendraw, about the lycander's it will get a try, got one in NL with good stats upgraded from last ladder, thanks all people for the hints/advice.
HellPlayer