quick question about upping items

NEURO_CKY

Diabloii.Net Member
quick question about upping items

hello all! i recently found an etheral dimensional blade and was wondering if i could up it to a phase blade. was also wondering the cube recipe and whether or not it would stay etheral after i upped it to elite (phase). thx for any comments/suggestions!!

CampKillYourself

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
you cannot upgrade normal items (as in no magical attribute). You can only upgrade rares, and uniques

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
you cannot upgrade normal items (as in no magical attribute). You can only upgrade rares, and uniques

This is true. You don't specify what quality it is. If it's white or blue, you're out of luck.

However. I have up'ed a rare eth dimensional blade on single player just to see what would happen, and it stayed eth, as well as gaining the free indestructability of a phase.

Now, I make sure to watch for ethereal, rare, crystal swords/dimensional blades. =P

shade449

Diabloii.Net Member
NEURO_CKY said:
ok..thx all. its a grey item, so it looks like the ground gets it!!

CampKillYourself
Well its probably too late now but you could have given it to Charsi to imbue and
hope to get a good roll.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
Can't the eth mod disapear when Charsi is toying with your weapons?
Charsi will preserve ethereal status, but i believe the cube recipes for rerolling rares will not.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
thegiantturtle said:
Charsi will preserve ethereal status, but i believe the cube recipes for rerolling rares will not.
True. The cube only produces eth items when you add sockets