quick question about stormshield and blocking/dexterity if

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
quick question about stormshield and blocking/dexterity

Total Blocking % = [Blocking x (Dexterity – 15)] / (Character Level x 2)

According to that formula I would need 110 dex as a level 85 sorceress wearing Stormshield Monarch, right (the listed blocking for stormshield as a sorceress is 67% i believe)? Does the 25% increased blocking increase the blocking after you equip the shield or is the property inherent to the item? thanks for the time

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
its inherent. if the shield says "+20% chance to block" it is calculated into the shown %.

110 sounds low though. using that equation i got 205 required. that sounds high.

the only sure way to do it is to put points into dex until it says you have 75% block.

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
mathil said:
its inherent. if the shield says "+20% chance to block" it is calculated into the shown %.

110 sounds low though. using that equation i got 205 required. that sounds high.

the only sure way to do it is to put points into dex until it says you have 75% block.

Total block= [67 * (110-15)]/85 = 74.**

Utilising Stormshield and to achieve maximum blocking, you are going to require in excess of 200 Dexterity to achieve it at the higher levels.

I haven't quite worked out the specifics. There are several nice programs on the main site (most notably Firestorm's) which is a great reference point.

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
mathil: so close :lol: . stormshield requires 206 dexterity at lvl 85 for a sorceress.

tullz: you forget to multiple character lvl by 2. so in the end you divide by 170 NOT 85.

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
lonnie913 said:
mathil: so close :lol: . stormshield requires 206 dexterity at lvl 85 for a sorceress.

tullz: you forget to multiple character lvl by 2. so in the end you divide by 170 NOT 85.
ahh yes thanks for your help guys