Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick question about poison duration and poison dagger ifr

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by diablo loves donutz, Nov 18, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

Quick question about poison duration and poison dagger

Hi guys, I've been having lots of fun so far with my new daggermancer, untwinked sc, on sp, but I just have one quick question. Can someone explain to me how all the poison damage is calculated in terms of time and such? I tried looking through the mouldy tome, several threads, and the search feature, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. The main thing I'm looking to get answered is when I use poison dagger, do I have to wait for the 2 second dueation on the monster to wear off before hitting them again or can I hit them multiple times and the poison stacks? If the latter is not true, then does that mean that (For example lets say I do 10 psn dmg over 2 seconds, and it takes half a second for each attack, does that mean I only do 2.5 dmg?) I'm not recieving all my psn damage?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

-Donutz

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The timer on poison gets reset. Stacking doesn't occur with poison. This should have been easy to find.

3. Fists of War

Fists of War Diabloii.Net Member

...Hit them once with your poison dagger (10 damage over 2 seconds) and they will take 10 damage over 2 seconds...that is 5 damage per second. Hit them again and it will reset the 2 second duration. If you really want to know how poison damage is calculated check this link out

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-articles/taopoison.shtml

It goes into great detail about poison dmg...also check out this guide:

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=582

Very nice daggermancer guide...

Happy to help out a fellow daggermancer, thing is, I've got a SC daggermancer on lvl 33 in singleplayer as well...