Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Question about D1's Bnet?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by xXxGrimmxXx, Oct 13, 2010.

1. xXxGrimmxXx

xXxGrimmxXx Diabloii.Net Member

Quick Question about D1's Bnet?

So I decided to take a break from Diablo 2 LOD for a bit, and tinker around with Diablo.

I'm encountering issues on Diablo 1 that i've never had on Diablo 2 when connecting to battle.net. My internet connection consists of a Verizon Wireless USB Modem, does this mean I cannot play on Bnet on D1? o.o

One other side-question, is Diablo 1 worth playing without the Hellfire expansion? I don't feel compelled to drop 50 bucks on Amazon for it.

Additional comment:

This is the message I get when trying to connect to battle.net on Diablo 1:

"Unable to connect to battle.net. If you are using a modem to access your service provider and are not configured for Dialup Networking, you may have to initiate the connection manually"

How would I go about initiating a connection to B.Net manually? o.o My aircard stays plugged in and connected to the internet, shouldn't that work?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Noobstorm

Noobstorm Diabloii.Net Member

3. xXxGrimmxXx

xXxGrimmxXx Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Quick Question about D1's Bnet?

Ahahaha.... I am such a tard =P

After tinkering and messing around, I finally for some reason decided to glance in the bottom left corner of my screen and took note of my version. It was 1.00 xD..... I uninstalled Diablo, re-installed it, and it changed to version 1.08. Upon trying to connect to Bnet, it updated to 1.09... yay for me! ^_~!

This topic is now open to trolling for my stupidity :D!

4. dOOmas

dOOmas Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Quick Question about D1's Bnet?

Which realm are you playing in? i'd like to invite you to europe realm "Diablo deu-1" channel ;]