Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Q (Or not so quick)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gargame, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

Quick Q (Or not so quick)

I read through the FAQ's, and ran across the FE bug. After reading more,I didn't see anything to answer my question. The question may be moot in the first place, since I could be very well be mistaken. I understand that max resist chars have a problem, but I thought there were some items that gave you complete immunity. Like "Immune to Fire". Does the FE bug ignore that? Thanks for everyone's time.

2. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

players cant be 'immune' to anything, but if you mean 95 res and absorb, yes FE can, and will from the ancients, kill you in 1 hit

3. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Unless you play a super moded game, it is impossible for player to be immune to anything. The max resist you could get is 95%, max absorb by % is 40%, max PDR is 50%.

4. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Sort of quick hijack: Doesn't fire sorb by a number work to make you heal from an attack? Like hotspurs I think.

5. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

Dang. I swear there was an item that gave you immunity to cold. Obviously I'm wrong. Thanks for the help though. Considering the absorbing though, wouldnt you gain enough to health from the absorb to survive?

6. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Dont FE monsters when the die have a similar if not identical explosion to Corpse Explosion, That would mean that the do physical dmg as well as fire damage making it all the more evil.

7. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Absorb kicks in after you take the damage. So, if the damage is enough to kill you, it will. If you survive the damage, then your health will go up from the absorb.

The FE explosion is 50% fire 50% physical, so even with 95% fire resist, 2 Dwarf Stars, a Rising sun and Hellmouth gloves, the physical damage will still kill you.

I'm not sure if the bugged FE damage (delivered outside of the death explosion) has the physical component. I don't think that point of debate has been definatively settled.

Edit: Of course, I found a thread! It talks about absorb...
    http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=300159&highlight=absorb

8. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

You're partially correct there. Items can give the mod "Cannot Be Frozen" which means that you will not be chilled by cold damage (this doesn't include the Holy Freeze aura I think) but this mod doesn't reduce damage from cold attacks. A simmilar mod exists with poison damage, but it reduces poison duration by a certian percentage. As others have stated, you can't be completely immune to any element.

-AlieN