Quick open bnet question

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick open bnet question

Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this because it's not character related or anything, and it's not closed bnet so..

My connection seems to be timing out when I try open battle.net (I've never used it before, thought I would give it a go)

My computer does run through a proxy though, would this be the problem?? I checked on the battle.net site first though it's giving me a 404 error :confused:

EDIT: Im using standard XP ICS, do I need to forward ports or something? And I'm on dial up, which is going to be a problem.. but I want to give it a go anyways

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
OK I've tryed to set up ICS port forwarding but its still saying I have no connection

Ive forwarded internal 4000 -> external 4000 (All these are directed to my computer, are the internal IPs and the external IPs supposed to be the same?)

6112 UDP and TCP

Can someone give me a step by step on how to do it, I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything.. I need to know int and ext ports, and whether they are UDP or TCP

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
easy to fix. Don't go near Open Bnet. It's evil.

Seriously though, you've got no way to tell if the person you're playing with hacks/dupes/mods. Any character you use on open bnet would be classified as tainted in my books

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
I forget which ports you need for Battle.net, but if you play on regular battle.net, you should be able to do open b.net just fine.

IMO 56k on Open is a BIG waste of time, since it's basically just like a more interactive version of TCP/IP games. So if the host has a crappy connection, more than likely so will you.

And on 56k that makes for tons of lag, believe me, I tried it once when I first started playing.

I'd recommend just basic Single Player.

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
Can someone please help me with this, the main computer is running ICS and I've tryed setting up the ports (4000 and 6112) ext/int forwarding but it's not working

I've never tryed bnet before, I know people say its **** and yadda yadda yadda but I still wouldnt mind having a look

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
I've no idea about your proxy, but if you take a look on Open BNet make sure you backup your characters before. And restore them afterwards no matter what you see or do.

An example: If the host has a mod, you are using the mod (for better items/exp) as well without seeing/knowing this.

Randall