Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick one

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by StarvinMarvinh, Jun 13, 2005.

1. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh Diabloii.Net Member

Quick one

I´m wondering, can my HCL necro, lvl 80 with 900 life/500 mana res: 67/75/60/75 wearing a viper/shako/homo/+2skillsraredaggerwith res/waterwalks/nitesmoke solo hell baal? I´m too afraid to lose my necro if I try it by myself.

I´m a summoner/fishymancer, 11 skellies, 9 mages, 10 revives, gumby and a killer set up might merc. :clap:

If I stay back, can i solo baal ? I´m not talking about beeing quick about it but do I stand a chance against gloams and stuff like that?

Can you see anything wrong with my setup, anything I could fix about it? (Take into account that this is almost all I have)

All answers appreciated. :uhhuh:

2. Gix

Gix Diabloii.Net Member

My only suggestions would be Tgods, Arm of King Leoric, Marrowwalks, Enigma or CoH if you can afford, level yourself, life charms. Goodluck.

-Gix

3. NefariousNothing

NefariousNothing Diabloii.Net Member

The TGods would be pretty mandatory while trying to get down there, though I'm not sure I would reccomend the AoKL, as that bone prison can (and has, to me atleast) trap you. It isn't fun. At all. (Really :(). You might also consider a Ravenfrost when you go toe-to-toe with Baal.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

If you can't afford an AoKL right off the bat, at least shop for a +3 Summon wand. They're not that uncommon. The bone prison issue is only a factor if you allow yourself to get hit. If it's still a problem then at least use AoKL to prebuff for the extra skills.

The biggest threats are those nasty red bone fetishes, the Oblivion Knights, and the gloam-type monsters that shoot lightning so yes, definitely get T-Gods or a whisp projector or anything you can find with lightning absorb. At the very least make sure you have your lightning resistance maxed.

I would use confusion at the first sign of trouble, then hit them with attract and amp. It's not always easy to nail a speeding bone fetish with Attract but confusion is much easier since it has a such large radius.

5. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed Diabloii.Net Member

definitely try to get max light resistance. tgods is not required, just a repositioning of the clay golem is good enough. when u see light sparks fly your way, summon clay in that direction asap.

other than that, the build looks fine. 900 life is a weee bit more life than what my untwinked questers had solo. 500 mana is a bit low, but you can always gulp up the blues that drop from the champ packs on the way down.

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 Diabloii.Net Member

Gloams are the only real threat down there., My lvl 91 Skelemancer has maxed resists (all of them), and 1100+ live, but a bad hit from gloams can take down his life pretty close to nothing. He hasn't been killed yet, though, but some close calls... and all those close calls were from gloams. Most of the time they are not that dangerous, though.

WSK has a lot of corners and "booths" to hide, but nothing ever works out perfectly all the time. You can use Gumby to encourage them to come down to where your army is waiting, and you can use Gumby to distract them. Somle people also use high level dim vision (for the range and duration), so they really only have to deal with bosses and those they didn't get. Don't really on DV, though --- they can still see stuff, it just has to be closer.

The throneroom entrance is completely unpredictable --- it is very well possible to end up in the middle of a gloam bosspack the second you step out the door. The WSK 2 waypoint bridge is far less dangerous, IMHO.

Anything else is just no issue at all, although that depends on only one thing: the levels of your skellies.

Of course, it's really up to you --- I tend to label people playing HC as "stupid", but I'm sure you have your reasonns. So deal with it.

7. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh Diabloii.Net Member

Don´t confuse stupidity with playability, of course I want to get the most out of the game I bought so why not try to perfect my builds and skills as a player to the point where I stop dying.

Regarding the dolls, they really are´nt a threat cause I´ve made a habit out of casting gumby ahead of me as I go to activate difficult packs of dangerous monsters before they swarm me when I come running.

I think the tgods is a good idea, the only thing giving me grief are the damn burning souls. I tried the hard way and went down there just now to see how I would do, immediately got hit with 3 lightning attacks from gloams and alt+f4 out, I had 7 hps when I entered the game again :uhhuh:

The lvl of my skellies is 32 and lvl 12 gumby and mastery, lvl 18 ce and rest in preriquisists. Also started maxing mages for the psn and cold mages theyre at lvl 25 and they do pretty good. I rarely use revives, just the types that can stun, mages or frenzy.