Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick noob barb question for ya (:

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Schnuks, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Schnuks

Schnuks IncGamers Member

Quick noob barb question for ya :)

Do whirlwind barbs still do ok in hell difficulty in 1.10? Or is concentrate the way to go.

I would really prefer to not go concentrate because i think attacking a single mob at a time would really get on my nerves, especially with small mobs like maggots etc, but the best weapon i'll probably ever end up with on my barb are the ones i have now for him ( IK maul or the elite ogre maul..windsomething).

2. HouseBaenre

HouseBaenre IncGamers Member

WW is still a OK skill, but its weapon and IAS dependant. Barb's always need strong gear, but I think conc should still be used. Look at halciets guide and take the WW route. Max Conc, WW, Shout, BO, than put whatever is left in mastery.

3. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

i find conc kills too slow in hell and ww leeches faster and kills faster.

4. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

barbs are expensive characters to build, and ww builds are, in my opinion, still the best. of course, you'll just need a really good weapon to kill in hell.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i have 3 ww barbs through hell so far, ik, s/s, and dual sword. the key is crushing blow. all of them except the ik do about 1k ww damage, but they hold their own in 8 player games.

i usually do most of the work on elemental immune bosses (poor sorcs!), gloams (sweet, sweet tgods), and fanatic frenzytaurs (i can leech fast enough.) the only consistent problem for me is iron maiden. there's always a lord just off the screen that curses me after i check the lords near me and start ww'ing.

ps. i almost got to make my 2nd titan today. i rolled a 265%, 2s, war pike...OF READINESS. BOO BOO BOO.

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

IK barb is soloing hell, at act2 quest3 he hasn't died and has had no problems

7. Schnuks

Schnuks IncGamers Member

ok thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

8. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I have a 76 barb with max bo, 15 sword mastery, 15 ww, 15 shout, and 15 conc as the main build. I have godly gear and many charms (290s, 3/20/5, and lil life charms). I can literally stand between a mob of act 4 monsters (not in chaos sanc yet, none of my friends are strong enough to hell rush me lolz) and not even get scratched. I can also stand in PvP and do pretty well (winning 3 out of 5). I figure once I hit attainable lvl85, I should win 4 out of 5 duels and be able to rush hell on my own =).

I always feel a mixed build helps maximize fun in d2 no matter the patch or changes that occur. Lets face it, PvP all day is boring. MFing all day is boring. Now PvP, MFing, rushing friends, and just character building questing really brings out the fun of an already awesome game =). Now I just need to build a Zon and I'll have 1 of each 7 characters that are 80+ in lvl, I just love my Barb the most right now.