Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Key Runner Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by PFS, Oct 19, 2006.

1. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Quick Key Runner Question

Hi All

I'm making a key runner and just have a quick question that will hopefully save me from wasting tooo much time.

Is a pure Light Sorc a decent keyrunner for the three keys?

What would be better (no enigma).

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Off the top of my head, there are barely any LIs near the three Key droppers. Countess is not LI, and Summoner and Nihlathak have no immunities. Nihlathak is surrounded by CI boars.

So yes, a pure light sorc would be very good.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

yep, light sorcs make the best key runners. MF% doesn't matter for keys, so just load up on the +skill gear. (although MFing Nihlatek isn't a terrible idea) The only one that can farm D keys faster is a hammerdin with enigma.

A strong fire based sorc (meteorb or blizzballer with lots of fireball synergy & fire master) can do ok too. But the cold/fire sorcs need a merc to kill the countess (she's always both fire and cold immune). This may sound like a big disadvantage, but my meteorb merc takes her down in like 2-3 pokes. You can always static her and bump her with telekenisis to help as well. The summoner drops easy to just about anyone. Nihlatek is a pain (make sure you have a natures peace). He constantly spawns cold immunes, so a stong fire build is needed. You still have to watch out as there's often fire immunes in his chamber too.

4. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Go Light Sorc with Infinity Merc!

cheers,
    Kirah

ps: Or you could go fury / feral ww. I've found that running D keys & T Keys to be most satisfying with my wolf (lots of r/w). He's pretty much immune to everything Nil / Countess can throw at him, but the wolf handles the arcane sanctuary very poorly (no tele while in fur).