Quick Grief Question

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick Grief Question

Hey there, I was looking at the stats for Grief, and was wondering what does +340-400 Damage mean? Say I rolled a +380 Damage, does that mean that 380 gets added onto the minimum and maximum dmg?

So if I used a beserker axe, then 24-71 ===> 404-451?

Thanks in advance for any help. :smiley:

Ray Patean

Diabloii.Net Member
That's exactly what it is. It just adds straight damage to both the minimum and the maximum of the base weapon.

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, but that... that seems like craziness! :laugh:

I was calculating an eth BA Death's Min (108-319.5) and Max (128.4-380). Grief totally wipes the table with Death (don't care about the 50% CB since I have Guillames and Gores).

Am I missing something?

DeathMage

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, but that... that seems like craziness! :laugh:

I was calculating an eth BA Death's Min (108-319.5) and Max (128.4-380). Grief totally wipes the table with Death (don't care about the 50% CB since I have Guillames and Gores).

Am I missing something?
Nope your not missing anything, grief is 1337 :laugh:

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
would any enhanced damage apply to the 24-71, or would it apply to the 404-451? Just wondering really.

-hps

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow! I wondered whether Grief or eDeath would be better, and the answer hath been laid before me. Thanks guys!

HP also brings up another good question, any takers?

xduckster

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a grief it should be really easy to test. Just put on a helm with +ed (like biggons bonnet or a rare circlet) and see how much your damage changes by.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Any off-weapon ED applies to Grief's bonus damage too, although the LCS makes it seem as if it only applied to the base weapon damage. Grief craps all over any other 1-hander in the game (doubly so if you're making a smiter) all for the bargain price of a Mal and Lo.

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Any off-weapon ED applies to Grief's bonus damage too, although the LCS makes it seem as if it only applied to the base weapon damage. Grief craps all over any other 1-hander in the game (doubly so if you're making a smiter) all for the bargain price of a Mal and Lo.
I was gonna go find your post comparing Grief to messy pants. But I guess you repeated yourself.

Did we mention Grief has a built-in 20% DS?

crg

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
That's how crazy this is to me because the damage alone could make someone have messy pants! Then you throw in the 20% DS, and I thank the Diablo gods that I have managed to find the runes for it.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
I was gonna go find your post comparing Grief to messy pants. But I guess you repeated yourself.

Did we mention Grief has a built-in 20% DS?

crg
I remembered posting that same phrase a while back, but I wasn't sure if it was here or at one of the other forums. I think it was here, or else I would've used the more vulgar synonym for crap.

Btw, no reason to make Grief in a Berserker Axe instead of a PB unless you plan on dual wielding it with something the calibur of Beast on a barb. The extra speed of the PB makes it more suitable for things like shapeshifters or smiters, plus you won't ever have to repair it.

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Btw, no reason to make Grief in a Berserker Axe instead of a PB unless you plan on dual wielding it with something the calibur of Beast on a barb. The extra speed of the PB makes it more suitable for things like shapeshifters or smiters, plus you won't ever have to repair it.
I was planning on dual-wielding it with a Death Cleaver on my Axe Frenzier. However, I could pass it around easier if it were in a PB (except for Avengers), and I also have a Sword Frenzier as well. I know I have a superior 5os PB. Hmmm... Decisions, Decisions...

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
I was planning on dual-wielding it with a Death Cleaver on my Axe Frenzier. However, I could pass it around easier if it were in a PB (except for Avengers), and I also have a Sword Frenzier as well. I know I have a superior 5os PB. Hmmm... Decisions, Decisions...
ive had the mal and lo for grief for a very long time.. but never found a supPB with 5os... very annoying...

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
...the only big exception to this is in the case of an Avenger, where Grief would be a pretty bad choice of weapon.
And why is that? Do you only get the percentage elemental damage on the base weapon and not on the base weapon including +damage/enhanced damage?

(It's been ages since I played my underpowered avenger)

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
No, it doesn't add to kick damage.
No, your phase blade doesn't need to be superior, the extra ED only applies to the base damage, making pretty much no difference at all.
No, the straight +dmg doesn't add to vengeance making the skill use only the base damage which is pretty poor.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
this i know, but if im going to use my only Lo rune, i want the weapon to perfect, or at least close to.
You know ... the way D2 goes is that you would have probably already found a Lo and a Mal and a sup5OsBA AFTER you made grief and played with it for awhile.

:laugh: