Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Check Please: CR to nullify cold mastery?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Speederländer, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Quick Check Please: CR to nullify cold mastery?

Need a quick number if anyone is on. How much cold res to defeat absolutely decked out blizzard complete with 10 skill charms, equipment, facets, the works. Will 430 total cold res do the trick in hell (so 330 after hell penalty) or is more required?

Thanks.

2. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

45 CM is -240, so you need 415 stacked to get to 75 CR in hell not factoring in facets/gear. decked out you probably need closer to 500.

430 + 2 ravens is usually good.

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I get lvl 42 CM and -10 from facets, so 430 should suffice for a non-uber sorcie.

HoD

4. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

non-uber sorcie?
    What gear for a blizz sorc would be considered uber then.. factoring in life, good resists and damage. =D

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Eh, don't really know. I just assumed my sorc isn't "über" ^_^ I think I hit 1900 life, 800 mana, max block and 8.5k max bliz dmg. 105%fcr ofcourse. I doubt that's very good, so I just figured he needed more vs the really good ones :)

HoD

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Outside of Cold Mastery you just need to consider what gear do Blizz sorcs normally use and what could they put facets into. Helm is usually 1 socket, armor could be a Unique thus one more socket, weapon is most likely Fathom which lends a third socket. The shield is the last factor which can be a unique with 1 socket or a 4 socket monarch with 4 facets. They would be sacrificing alot of other stuff for that kind of damage but if you want to prepare for the worst case scenario it couldn't hurt. So that means there is a potential 7 facets ontop of Cold Mastery which is -35% res. If you are on ladder, also take into case the possibility of an Infinity merc which will put Conviction on you.

7. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

The most - CR i could get with facets and tryin not to sacrifice much was -275. If they used: Arcanes Valor 2skill with a 5-5 facet,fathom with 5-5, 3 cold skills circet with 20 fcr and 2os that gives 10-10 with two facets, lidless with 5-5, magefists,arachnid, sojs, treks, 10 cold gc's, anni( 12 stats, 15 res), 15/4 life res sc's, cta. This gives you +27 skills which is -250 + -25 from facets + -100 from hell penitly would give them 375(then you need antoher 75 to max) for a total of 450(am I right? If not someone correct me) My blizz dmg was 13.8k and my fcr was 105. I had to put 126 points into str leaving my lvl 91 blizz sorc with 344 points for vita or your choice(I didnt do max block, probably a mistake but it was only a test). Um i think that answers ur question 450 without sacrificing much(sacrificed some resist and points 4 vita but still).
    Oh and the conviction merc... I never let peoples merc live long enough to effect me in duels. But a lvl 12 convic is -85 res.

8. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

my wind druid has 440%cold res, so 340 stacked in hell

this is with my normal setup, the only thing extra is a 160res monarch [4x psapphire]

so with my normal setup i still hav 240 stacked in hell ;)

add cyclone armor to that and cold sorcs are np :)