Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Blizz Sorc Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BlackPassaT, Sep 17, 2011.

1. BlackPassaT

BlackPassaT IncGamers Member

Quick Blizz Sorc Question

Just looking for a little input. I'm currently light spec with infinity on my merc, but getting tired of throwing lightning bolts all day.

I was curious how viable a blizzard build can be when using infinity and soloing chaos/baal runs. I've seen some people say it helps a little against cold immunes, and some say don't even bother.

My gear is decent enough, +16 skills from gear, good resistance etc.

Thanks in advance guys

PS: I searched but I either fail at searching or just couldn't find this subject.

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Quick Blizz Sorc Question

Infinity won't break any of the natural Cold Immunes in Chaos/Baal. It wouldn't break a Cold Enchanted Lister either.

3. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

when I get bored of lightning I spam charged bolt.

>_>

<_<

4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Lightning is the only innate immunity that can be consistently broken (so pure fire/cold is out) and the biggest prob with dual tree specs is that you're often stuck with skills that have conflicting timers and slow you down. IMO the best alternative is Blizzard/Light (nova is nice) as you don't have that problem, and you can actually use both skills together on the majority of monsters in CS.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

if you use infinity on a blizz sorc, you can skip cold mastery (except the first point), since 1+16 skill gets you on -100, and infinity is -85, so -185 total. there is no monster to my knowledge that needs more than that for 2x damage.
    immunes are a problem with.cold sorcs you will need a second element to go around that. but like i said you can skip cm. might wanna go fireball route. nova is not too bad (no synergy required), but you need to get close to do damage.