Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions regarding FoH and shield choice for a v/t

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Krime, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Krime

Krime IncGamers Member

Questions regarding FoH and shield choice for a v/t

Okay, these are my problems. I'm at level 86 with my v/t atm, I have 2200 life and does 3000 max smite dmg. Now I'm starting to work on my FoH, and I don't really know how many points I should put in FoH/Holy shock and conviction in order to get the most dmg out of my points.
    I'll have about 27 skills points to distribute at lvl 90 (pre reqs included). Has anybody already done the math, and can tell me where to put my points? Or should I start to calculate each and every point (which will take a looong time)?

Also, I recently got this (IMO) excellent smiter shield, it's a rare sacred targe:

+2 Pala Skills
    30/20 Block
    17 FHR
    35% All resists
    43% Cold resist
    + some minor mods

This I use, and my smite dmg is at the mentioned 3000. However, I also have a 'Ber' socketed HoZ (non-upgraded), with this I have lots of resists, more life, more +skills etc. Just wanted to hear some professionel oppinions about what I need to do...I'm thinking about putting a Ber in the sacred targe, but I really don't know.
    I have an up'ed HoZ waiting for me on ladder, but don't know if I'm going to use it, 'cause there's just a lot more style in using these rare shields :)

cya, Krime

btw. got the sacred targe for a gaze, and a GA :D All hail to the newbies :lol:

2. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

max FOH then starting putting pts in Holy Shock...you are still going to lvl so ...

or you can do 17/10 first which is more dmg at the moment considering your existing skill pts.

I would use the Sacred Targe if I am mainly dueling casters...if I duel WWsin, Crusaders and such characters than rely on AR alot I would consider HoZ.

3. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I did the calculation a while ago and I think that if you have 20 points, you should divide them like this if you want optimal foh damage:

11foh/9holy shock
    12foh/8holy shock

I think both these combinations give the same average damage. You might want to double check me on this though since it might depend on +skills and charms. How many points are you going to put in conviction btw?

4. Krime

Krime IncGamers Member

Thx for the advice, I think that I'll go for the 12/8 rute, as I don't know how many lvl's that I'll gain.

Atm. I think that I'll only put one point in conviction atm. Since I have 13 +skills, and that should suffice for now I believe.

cya, Krime

5. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

ber the targe and use it on your smite switch.

Put herald on your FOH switch.