Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions over bonemancer-pvp

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by The_Sickness_101, Mar 23, 2004.

1. The_Sickness_101

The_Sickness_101 IncGamers Member

Questions over bonemancer-pvp

I'm finally going to make one of these things. I have an enigma-wearing druid already that I originally thought would be very successful versus the bonemancer. The lacked range of my windy has led me to making another great pvp character so that I will have two formidable classes.

Here's my setup:
    Shako
    Enigma
    White wand
    Homonculus or Succubus I havent decided
    Trangs or magefist(mana regen,havent decided)
    Arachnid
    2x sojs
    Marrowwalks(Is exploiting the bug a good idea?)
    Crafted amulet

I have about 2 pnb charms and 1x anni

Mainly my concern is whether or not to exploit the marrowwalk bug...I saw a post saying it was stupid to do so, so I came here. I have some runes and pgems so I would appreciate some socketing suggestions. With this gear how effective will I be, since I play in pubbies?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanx, :thumbsup:

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

well, if your not at all concerned with clan dueling rules, there is one reason to use the marrowalk bug.

if you are not worried about some day this thing getting patched, and you being bone prison'less, then there is another reason to use the marrow bug.

if you play pubby duels, and don't care about what forum members think about your bm style of play go for it.

you already teleport as a druid / necro...

g

3. The_Sickness_101

The_Sickness_101 IncGamers Member

I have not met a clan interested in me so there is no point in being concerned w/ bm. Public duels- anything goes. No point....Plus a new patch wont come out in forever, and in the world of tging,nking,gold-stealing partners I could care less what they think of me. Show me a clan that would accept me w/o downloads and drop hacks and perhaps I would consider it. In regards to u smashing enigma, blizzard provides it and I get it. Above all I want to win. Too long have I met ppl in the 09 days w/ all their 6 sockets and the like looking down upon me. Time to rise up. :winner: I have never met a forum member while actually playing so no problems there. If pubs get boring I guess I'll have to shape up. Who draws the line for what's bm anyways.....who is to judge? Clan honor? I am no member of them as it is probably too hard to join. Peace :yep:

Disturbed in the house we're droppin plates.....

4. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

well thats what necros are for after all.

Hamerdins and necros are to keep hackers from thinking about hacking because why hack when you can own everyone with a hammerdin legitly?
    So all of you pwners and coolzers and uberz players can own.

Thanks blizz you made them happy :drool:

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

hey you asked, so don't get your panties all ruffled up your azz. Me personally? I use enigma and marrowalks. But I know most people around here frown on it.

you asked, i answered.

g

6. (dr)

(dr) IncGamers Member

a nice alternative to marrowwalks is sandstorm trek

7. jren

jren IncGamers Member

1 thing to consider, if you are going for pure pvp, damage is reduced by 1/6. So even though the difference in damage that your screen tells you is 800-1000, it is in fact less than 200 dmg diff

Furthermore, a few bad points about using marrowalks
    1)i found that with my marrowalks, i was limited to 13 bone prisons (which is much more useful that bone wall IMHO) and the repair costs were ridiculously high. Even though MANY pubbies use enigma and tele around, it is not the case for ALL pvpers.

2) marrowalks lack fhr and resistance which other boots have which give flexibility with builds/equipment.

3) i can't stress this enough, like i said b4, the damage diff is very small for pvp. for pvm, i would definitly take using marrows however, im assuming you are pure pvp.

i understand that marrowalks do have advantages such as 20 points saved, however, this is IMHO not significant if you are leveling your necro high(not to mention only 200 extra dmg in pvp). In fact, a couple months ago with my marrowalk necro, i posted on this board concerning what to do with my remaining points. ppl suggested more bone armor so i followed this suggestion only to find out the diff between 10 levels of bone armor were measly.
    also, like what you stated b4, one day blizz might patch it or you may plan on joining a duel league.

8. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

Plus the question always lingers :"Am i really good? Or am I only good with marrows on."

May not be much of a difference to you, but owning pubby games has never been much of a problem really, especially using a powerful char such as the nec. Eventually, it comes down to proving it to yourself. Am I really good, or do i need marrows to win. Thats what separates marrow//sanctuary noobs from seasoned pros. Noobs exploit everything they can to make their char more powerful and godly, while the pros constantly limit themselves and let their skill speak for themselves.