Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

questions on the pit

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by the_leaf, Mar 13, 2004.

1. the_leaf

the_leaf IncGamers Member

questions on the pit

When u do a pit run does that mean u clear out lvl 1 & 2 of the pit? or does that mean u only kill the champs and special monsters? :scratch:

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

if you are in a full game u can clear it and get a lot back. if solo, i find its better to go after the champs and uniques monsters, this just speeds up the runs, and in the art of mfing, speed of the runs is a key factor in getting the good items

3. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I disagree. I do full clears of both levels. Every enemy in the pit has the chance to drop awesome gear, and it makes no sense to me to pass them up, especially since they die so easily and quickly.

Also, speed is less of a factor in the pit, since there is no boss monster you are heading to kill. EVERY enemy in the pit is your target. The number you need to look at is not the time of your runs, but the enemies killed per time spent.

If it was meph runs, then time would be the most important factor. it has been my VAST experience in the pit that killing every enemy is the best way to go, unless you have to backtrack a long way and lose time running / tping. Just think.. that devilkin shaman could hold your IK armor or rune.

Mith

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

he also has like 80% chance to drop nothing at all where as champions and unique monsters have 100% chance, but i too kill the big mobs of monster i just skip over the 1 or 2 u see here and there

5. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I think we're pretty much in agreement then. I run a strafer most of the time, so picking off the odd stray enemy is no problem at all (automatic aim), but i don't chase them into corners usually.

Mith

6. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

I have gotten 2x IK armors from simple little devilkins. One that I did chase down a corridor since he ran when I fried the rest of his pack with CL.

7. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm imagining things, but the little weasels that run from the pack seem to give better drops...still waiting for that IK armor, but I chase them all down...I'm superstitious enough to believe that the one I don't kill is the one with the great gear, no matter how slim the odds. :uhhuh:

8. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

well you never know what they might have for you before you kill them ;)

9. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Just my experience of running pit.... after around 100 runs... killing every thing...

Got: Set spired helm. ( Heaven breathen helm )

and.. that's it. ;((

lvl 89+ sorc.
    340 MF

10. PsycoCarrot

PsycoCarrot IncGamers Member

In my 15 or so clearings of the Pits, I've found:

An Ist rune
    Blackthorns Face
    Veil of Steel
    Goldwrap
    Snowclash
    100s of thousands of gold

The Pits isn't necessarily a bad place to mf, it's just more time consuming. While I haven't yet found any high-end uniques, I've found my fair share of equipment to better my other characters with.

-T

11. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

I did 2 pit runs on lunch break on players 5 today. 1st run got 228 GF and Steel Carapace. Too bad I'm playing Single Player Sorc so they go in the bushel bin, but finding 2 x TC87 Uniques on one run is sooo lucky.