Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions on resistances

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by JRed, Jul 5, 2010.

1. JRed

JRed Diabloii.Net Member

Questions on resistances

Heya

Is there a cap how low enemy resistances can go? Player res is capped at -100% but is it the same for monsters aswell?

When dealing with immunities, the effectiveness is reduced to 1/5. How does the penalty apply? Scenario: enemy has 110% res to an element, I have an aura that reduces resistance by 150%. I get the penalty which reduces the effectiveness to 30%. Now, is the final res of the monster 80% or something else (I mean, is the 150% penalized only until to the point when the immunity is actually broken or does the penalty apply even after the enemy resistance drops below 100%)?

What if I have both Conviction and Lower Resist, how will the penalty apply? Are the resistances added together and then penalized or will either one of them be checked first? (eg Lower Resist is enough to break the immunity, is conviction penalized?)

And yes, if anyone is wondering, I am building an elemental only team with Fire and Cold sorcs, lightning trapper, necro and a pally.

-J

2. Milb

Milb Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Questions on resistances

Most of your assumptions are correct:

Is there a cap how low enemy resistances can go? Player res is capped at -100% but is it the same for monsters aswell? Yes, -100%.

Scenario: enemy has 110% res to an element, I have an aura that reduces resistance by 150%. I get the penalty which reduces the effectiveness to 30%. Now, is the final res of the monster 80% This is correct as far as I am aware.

What if I have both Conviction and Lower Resist, how will the penalty apply? Are the resistances added together and then penalized or will either one of them be checked first? (eg Lower Resist is enough to break the immunity, is conviction penalized?) Both penalised to 1/5 if the enemy is immune beforehand.

Just to add, if you are using a Griffon's/Crescent Moon/Cold Sorc's Mastery, if you break the immunity with the LR/Conviction, the -resist off items/skills comes in in full effect, eg, if you break a cold immune to 99% with LR/Conv, the mastery will then reduce it further by the full value listed in the skill.

3. JRed

JRed Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Questions on resistances

Alright, good stuff. Thanks for the info.

-J