Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions on Rerolling charms

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Lowgat, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Lowgat

Lowgat Diabloii.Net Member

Questions on Rerolling charms

Rerolling is just 3pgems and the item, right?

Is there a way to be sure that a charm is a baal charm? Is it better to roll until I get that or just keep rolling?

Last thing - I think that I know that baal charms are good because they can get you two max prefix/suffixes but if I'm looking for just skiller GCs is it still best to try to find any GC in the Kurast area in act 3 and then just reroll till I snag a skiller?

I've gotten a couple from baal but keep losing track of them but now I've gone one on my primary mfer and figured I should give this rolling thing a shot (I've got around 50 pgems I can blow).

Thanks for any help.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

If it has the 41-45 life mod on it. Otherwise, you'll just have to trust that the person that's selling you the charm is telling the truth.

3. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

Only way to be 100% sure that the GC is from Baal is if you found it from Baal yourself. Once you find one, transfer it right away to your Pgems character. That way, you won't lose track of them.

4. ksdurg

ksdurg Diabloii.Net Member

Can you guys explain what a Baal Grand Charm is? What sets it apart from other GCs and why do I want one, etc?

5. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned Diabloii.Net Member

A Baal Grand Charm is any magic Grand Charm dropped by Baal.

It has an item level of 99, which means that _all_ possible Grand Charm prefixes and suffixes have a chance to spawn on it.

You want one because with it you can roll a Lion-Branded/Fungal/Graverobber's/Sparking/Burning/Chilling/Natural (the list goes on) Grand Charm of Vita, with +(41 to 45) Life, whereas most Grand Charms found in Hell will only allow you to roll up to a maximum of +40 Life.

6. JonProphet

JonProphet Diabloii.Net Member

Can someone post a link to an explination of rolling? Newb here who just got into hell for the first time, this weekend.

N/M I found the info I was looking for. Can someone now explain about this re-rolling for the Baal Charm and why someone would want to?

-JD-

7. papajustify

papajustify Diabloii.Net Member

Would my 50mana 41life gc dropped in the pits, be a good one to reroll?
    Wondering if it would be possible o get the good skill lifers with this one?

8. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

Would my 50mana 41life gc dropped in the pits, be a good one to reroll?
    Wondering if it would be possible o get the good skill lifers with this one?

Possibly. Define "good".

N/M I found the info I was looking for. Can someone now explain about this re-rolling for the Baal Charm and why someone would want to?

Read the post above yours.

9. patonis

patonis Diabloii.Net Member

Your gc cant be 41 life from pits. 41-45 life gc can drop only from Baal, Diablo or Nilhathak

10. papajustify

papajustify Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmmmm well then, i guess i was wrong, that bad boy is gonna be rerolled tomorrow, wish me luck. I'll post the results here if i get anythin good. and now that i think of it more i beleive it was Nilhatak. Thanks

11. EmpaDoc

EmpaDoc Diabloii.Net Member

So- if I waste three PGs on rerolling a "+2 fire damage" charm, then I will end up with something equally crappy? Right?
    Is it the ilvl that matters - so is there a way to tell what the ilvl is for a charm or a jewel?

12. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

Not necessarily. The mods themselves on the charms do not matter. Only the ilvl does. If your "+2 fire damage" charm has a high ilvl, it could potentially turn into a good charm.
    On Single Player, you can use ATMA. On B.Net, there is no way barring the use of illegal third party programs.