Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions on equiping my moron (merc)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dokhogg, Apr 5, 2004.

1. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Questions on equiping my moron (merc)

Ok, so I'm just getting ready to finish Act I Hell, and I think mymerc is very well equipped thanks to trades and giveaways, he's a Barb wearing:

Steelskull
    Atma's Wail
    Bloodmoon

Now, would it pay to give him some runeword stuff, or maybe something with +skills? Or am I pretty much maxed out on what I can do for him at this stage? I can make some runewords, and I have a Djinn Slayer with an open socket I could give him. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do. Overall he does survive fairly well for being a nit-wit and rushing headlong into hordes of monsters at times.

I've tried the merc thread, but not sure if I can improve much.

Thanks,

dok

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Well, i always keep the following mods in consideration for my mercs

PDR
    Life Leech
    Resitances
    +Life

and i use wherever i can ethereal versions of the items cause these wont lose any durability on a merc, thus wont break...

my standard set-up on a merc
    Eth Shaftshop um'ed(Good +life, 30% PDR, and massiv defense on the armor itself)
    Eth VAmpire Gaze um'ed (Good Life leech, 15-20 % PDR, with a pdr you'll hit the 50% PDR cap)

For weapon, a Doombringer would give him some serious damage, + life, and the chance to cast weaken... great weapon :thumbsup:
    also, a honor runeword into a ES or SS would do more then the trick... Cresent Moon would be very sweet too.. just look for a weapon with big damage and Life Leech, he'll be fine then

A "cheaper" set-up would be
    Duriels Shell (perfect ruby or um)
    Insert big hurty sword with life leech here

with these items and a potion once in a while he should be able to make it just fine, just remeber too keep your merc the same lvl as you :thumbsup:

good luck

edit: *cough* did anyone see that ^^

3. Hozze

Hozze IncGamers Member

Stridje, if you read his post again you'll notice he has a Barb Merc, so the weapons you suggest might be a little off... :uhhuh:

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

euhm, what :uhhuh:

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

I often find "honor" runeword an effective and cheap option for a merc weapon.
    Other than weapon an cheap helmet that is (i think) often forgotten is rockstopper, has some nice resists and some pdr.
    For armor things like shaft or duriels shell will do fine, or something i used a lot in .09 and will still work in 1.10 i think is lionheart runeword (hel-lum-fal, i am suddenly in doubt wheather it was actually called lionheart or something else :grrr: )