Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions on buying a legit Cd-Key.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klaige, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Klaige

Klaige IncGamers Member

Questions on buying a legit Cd-Key.

Hey all.

Like many others with the announcement of D3, the itch has been returning to get back into D2. My wife and I want to start playing again but i lost my LoD disc in a flood. I don't mind buying a new battlechest, but i'd hate to spend the money on 2 of them just so we can play. I've been reading that with the new patch you can go without a CD, and apparently now it is viable to buy a new legit CD-key for D2 from blizzard, but i haven't had much luck finding out if it's true or what the prices/specs are on doing so.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appriciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Questions on buying a legit Cd-Key.

Just don't buy used game keys, they are often banned on bnet for cheating, sold several times or from a key generator, so you will have nothing but problems when trying to use them on bnet.

I guess it's not worth the hassle of wasting a couple of extra hours on this, just to save $20 or so. If you worked during that time, you would earn more money :azn:

4. ikzunaj

ikzunaj IncGamers Member

They've just added digital downloads to D2 and LoD, and surprisingly enough D2 is not downloadable yet at all, although LoD is! They do NOT provide such CD key that could be entered when installing the game from original CDs. You don't get a word about D2 not being downloadable until you've paid for it.

I bought another copy of the game for my other computer, but LoD is useless alone. Blizzard tells that game can be downloaded as soon as it is bought, not a word about having to wait an undefined time.

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

you can buy a legit cd key of course, but make sure it's from a reliable source. the game itself can be downloaded FOR FREE from blizzard's online store, as long as you register appropriate cd keys on your account there. beware though, it's 1.5 gigabytes for D2 and 700MB for LOD.

6. ikzunaj

ikzunaj IncGamers Member

At least in European store you can buy digital version of D2, or register your key, but not download it.

7. JusticeInACan

JusticeInACan IncGamers Member

You could easily just find a download for the game online and use the cd-key they give you.

8. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

The only legal way to download DII is from Blizzard, anywhere else would be supporting software piracy.

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Also suggesting or linking to an illegal method as Murs pointed out is grounds for a ban here.