Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions on a MF skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Guy_LeDouche, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Guy_LeDouche

Guy_LeDouche IncGamers Member

Questions on a MF skelemancer

I was just wondering how well skelemancers do on hell baal runs. Im looking for a char that can kill baal and his minions fairly consistantly. I read the strategy by Nightfish but i just dont see many skelemancers around, is it better to go with revive or skeleton and skeleton mastery. If anyone has thoughts on this or other advice on a similar build please let me know.

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Mine does fine for me, only had a few problems due to lightning monsters when I got to act 5, but with Dim Vision and some decent equipment everything is better now.

HoS

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Don't take revives. They are stupid. Very stupid. Their AI sucks. It is more like AS. Rocks are smarter. You will need teleport in order to herd them or you will be re-summoning them every time you turn a corner.

Skellies do extremely well. Just MAX them and Skellie Mastery and you are in business.

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I take my skelie (12 skeletons//6 mages//17 revies) and do all the waves//up to lister (depending on how many things i have left) then get my sorc for baal himself

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

If you do want Revives, only put 1 point into it. Let +skills do the rest for you. I find with mine, that I don't need Revives at all really. Skeletons do more than enough for me.

HoS

6. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

For monsters like Gloams and Slingers, I know Dim Vision is usually the weapon of choice, but what about Attract. Since I'd rather only have a couple of curses hotkeyed, and I use attract, would that be just as effective since they can technically not kill each other (being lightning immune)

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The problem is getting caught in the crossfire. I know it sounds stupid, but it has happened to me on one or two occasions. I attracted a bunch Gloams, just to see if it would be effective and the blasts from the crossfire nailed me. Best thing is DV. Or the Cloak of Shadows from a Nadir helmet.

Attract is best used as a crowd control weapon. Just attract a crowd and then DV the lot, so the don't come after you. Rinse and repeat.