Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

questions on a cowazaon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by dlscowby, May 15, 2005.

1. dlscowby

dlscowby IncGamers Member

questions on a cowazaon

ok i have checked the guides, and i wanna know some opinions on a cowazon...i didnt find any related referance in the guides.

ok what i would like to know if equip choice, and skill distribution..i tried making one on my own, she got the job done, but just wondering if there are better out there. i will tell you abou the one i made, and i made a new one but havent lvled her yet.

ok my old cowazaon wore:

13/2/2 faith mat bow
    10% andy mask
    archon fort 1550 defense
    goreriders (191 i think?)
    noferatus belt
    close to perf dracs
    dual leech ring, 3ml,6ll
    highlords ammy
    221/20 raven

ok my might merc had:

eth reapers amned
    greathaubrek fort 1540 defense
    17% gaze (too lazy to get perf)

i also hada bunch of max/ar/mod charms nothing too special.

my skills consisted of:
    max valk
    max multi
    a few points into evade, dodge, ect.
    1 point into penetrate and peirce.
    max crit
    was going to max guided, not high enough lvl
    and 1 point into preq.

i think thats it, just want some opinions on if this is a good build, gear and point distibuting. i was going for alot of damage through deadly strike, crushing blow, and the sort...all those items added alot of % to do that. and with my merc using reapers decrep helped alot. thanks for the opinions.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Your gear looks very solid, although I'd switch out the Goreriders for War Travelers...You already have a lot of Critical Strike so the Deadly is a bit redundant, and the Crushing Blow is less effective with missile weapons. Also when you have so much enhanced damage from Fortitude, Dexterity, etc the added damage from War Travelers will really add up.

I'd also switch out Dracul's Gloves...they don't really offer much to a cowazon, unless it's for keeping your merc alive. Maybe Chance Guards for MF or some rare glove with life steel, resists, +2 bow skills, MF....

Maxed Critical Strike seems a bit excessive with the severe diminishing returns...maybe 10 points with +skills?

Also since you're primarily going to be in The Secret Cow Level, some Pierce would be very wonderful to dispose of huge mobs quickly. Guided Arrow will probably do fine with just 1 point spent...Maybe some more Penetrate to up your attack rating, or a secondary attack like Freezing Arrow.

3. dlscowby

dlscowby IncGamers Member

thanks so much for the input.

i didnt get travs cause i heard that absolutly no mf was better for cows if your looking for sup/white items. and yes i did realize that peirce was needed a little more, but with faith, it has ignore target defense, so is penetrate needed? and as you expected, the draculs was for my merc in case we came upon a really really big mob. but you have me wondering...since i have alot of deadly strike, does only one of those trigger at once? along with crit, would only one of those CB, open wounds, or DS trigger? if so then it is a good idea to get rid of the rest. have mroe of a chance for just deadly. thanks again for the info.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

No MF is better if you're searching for white/superior items...I just play single player so I'm more into uniques since the good runewords are impossible to get.

Ignores Target Defence is very nice but it doesn't work against bosses & champions:( but maybe you shouldn't put points into Penetrate, if you're only going to do cows...

The game will check for Critical Strike first...if this fails it will check for Deadly Strike. So If you have a lot of Critical Strike, Deadly Strike will be less effective. This doesn't mean that Deadly Strike is a waste, it's just not as effective as one might think.

Whenever you fire a shot, all the special damage modifiers (Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Deadly Strike) can be applied, they don't exclude eachother, so pile them on!

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I allways thought that Fury zons and Blizzard sorcs are the best cow-killers. Never tried an uber multizon, but I have that feeling that more pierce will greatly increase attack speed, equipping Razortail and spending some more points in Pierce would be nice.
    I also had the feeling that Strafer with Brand and Marrowalks could do the good work there too, but I am a single player, so I am probably not the best person to give the advice here.

Sidenote - I use to clear Cow level with around 280 MF and still get ton of grey items. But I can do that at higher player settings :) It isn't the hard thing for me to get the socketables (I already have some nice grey pieces ready) but the runes. (They are no duped runes in SP :))