Questions for BoneMancers

xtrashcrapx

Diabloii.Net Member
Questions for BoneMancers

Hey ive been browsing this forum for a long time and finally decided to post. Heres my questions -

1. Does the pally concentration aura effect the Necros Bone spells the same way it does for a pallies hammers?

2. How is teeth in PvM? i just started necro after reading stuff and it seems like u can spam teeth pretty fast and it spreads out pretty decent. Is it a good or bad idea to use it against mobs of monsters?

3. About the Marrowalks bug - am i the only one whos scared that bliz will change it later on? Would u just start whole new characters or wat? i dunno.

4. Im pretty set on building a PvM BoneMancer. I would like to know what a good gear setup would be if u wanted FCR and MF. So far Im thinkin my endgame gear -

Shako
Nigma
Wiz Spike/Gull Dagger (cant decide)
Homonculus
Magefist/Chance Guards (cant decide)
Arachnid Mesh/Gold Wrap (cant decide)
War Travs
2x SoJ
Crafted Caster Ammy

I dont know how to balance it so i have decent MF and FCR. Please tell me a good gear setup.

Thanks

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
No aura helps bonespells (other than things like Meditation, which doesn't help the spells but the one casting the spells... stuff like that :)).

Blizzard isn't going to make a new patch anytime soon. If they ever make another one. And IF they do there's no guarantee you can keep your existing chars anyway.

wraithreaper

Diabloii.Net Member
please oh please dont make a mancer with the marrow bug. that is used by every one. i made a bonemancer and it dont use the bug, and it is still just fine how it is. also if u gonna mf make a blizz sorc. here is my gear and my necro is easily godly at lvl 83.

delirium or shako
+3 psn&bn skill
white wand or hoto (preferible white for the bspear and bspirit bonuses, mine also gives me some skele mages :D )
marrows(for skeles)
magefist (fcr)
trang belt(cant afford spyder yet lol)
homunc(supreme resist and other stuff, but for skill go for p darkforce)
bk ring and ravensfrost(hey i dont worry bout rings but i suggest to get 2xsoj)
enig armor (supreme godlyness rite there)

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
wraithreaper said:
please oh please dont make a mancer with the marrow bug. that is used by every one. i made a bonemancer and it dont use the bug, and it is still just fine how it is. also if u gonna mf make a blizz sorc. here is my gear and my necro is easily godly at lvl 83.

delirium or shako
+3 psn&bn skill
white wand or hoto (preferible white for the bspear and bspirit bonuses, mine also gives me some skele mages :D )
marrows(for skeles)
magefist (fcr)
The marrowwalk charge is not a bug. It's a hidden feature.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
xtrashcrapx said:
3. About the Marrowalks bug - am i the only one whos scared that bliz will change it later on? Would u just start whole new characters or wat? i dunno.
Has Blizzard even noticed the bug yet? Seriously, knock yourself out. I promote it since most characters are grossly overpowered anyway.

-Gix

xtrashcrapx

Diabloii.Net Member
How about Teeth and PvM? I sorta already answered my own gear question. I thought about it and i came up with

Ist'd Shako
Nigma
Splendor
Ist'd Wiz Spike
War Travs
Chance Guards
Arachnid Mesh
SoJ
Nagel
Maras

this gives me ~300 MF and breaks the 75 fcr breakpoint

but now a different question. which is better for casters - Mage Fist or Arachnid Mesh?

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
xtrashcrapx said:
but now a different question. which is better for casters - Mage Fist or Arachnid Mesh?
Magefist is a pair of gloves. Arachnid Mesh is a belt. How can you compare choices? Both are good for casters, but if you are going to ask a X or Y question make sure it is the same type of equipment (ex. Tgods or Arach Mesh?)

-Gix

xtrashcrapx

Diabloii.Net Member
i kno theyre diff equipment. im asking if u could only have one either Mage Fist or Arachnid Mesh, which 1 would u pick?

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
xtrashcrapx said:
i kno theyre diff equipment. im asking if u could only have one either Mage Fist or Arachnid Mesh, which 1 would u pick?
I'm using (will be using, rather --- only lvl 70 atm) Arachnid and TO gloves.

And you don't compare belts and gloves --- equipment choice is governed by getting good results for the whole thing, which means ALL items have to work together.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
wraithreaper said:
please oh please dont make a mancer with the marrow bug. that is used by every one.
Does that mean because everyone wears pants you don't?

wraithreaper said:
also if u gonna mf make a blizz sorc.
Blizz sorcs are far too restricted in where they can MF. a bonemancer can MF just about anywhere except ancient tunnels.

teeth is alright in PvM but bone spear is far more effective/ cool

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
RetroStar said:
The marrowwalk charge is not a bug. It's a hidden feature.
Because we haven't had this debate a lot of times before when the bug was still new. Some people consider it a bug, some like to think of it as a feature.

xtrashcrapx said:
How about Teeth and PvM?
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Teeth is a decent addition in PvM. There is a Dentist build around here somewhere. Do a search for it. Teeth can be used very well in certain situations, but in others it does not really shine. It is just one more tool in the Bonemancers arsenal.

Rat

Diabloii.Net Member
wraithreaper said:

delirium or shako
+3 psn&bn skill
marrows(for skeles)
magefist (fcr)
Your resistances are gonna be in negatives with that setup.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Because we haven't had this debate a lot of times before when the bug was still new. Some people consider it a bug, some like to think of it as a feature.
Well, at least it "can" be a bug. The TO speed adjustments are too obvious to be a bug --- they are immediately there and obvious once you turn Vampire, so any sort of testing would have shown it.

The synergy bug, on the other hand, is by far less obvious. Look at TO again: somebody must have equipped the set during testing to see if the transformation works.

But there's a good chance that this kind of synergy charge bug has never undergone testing... and if someone had Marrows on a necro without boneprison skillpoints it was probably just random, and they didn't look at their bone damage...

xtrashcrapx

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks mad mantis. that helped me a lot. good stuff.

but seriously about the whole boots and gloves and having to work good with ure whole gear - imagine this: d2 gets magically erased from your computer. you decide when u re-install it that you want to be a caster class. some generous soul decides to give you your choice of either mage fists or arachnid mesh. one or the other. you dont have ne other gear. it might seem like a weird concept, but which 1 would u pick?

just pretend like it makes sense please. the reason y i ask is cuz im either using mage fist and gold wrap or chance guards and arachnid mesh. im tryna balance casting and mf see.

thanks.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Well, I’d go for Arachnid. It gives a +skill and some Faster Cast. Also you get max mana. Magefist will give you mana regen, but it doesn’t have the +skill. Since you’re beginning you’ll probably need the +skill and you can just quaff a blue one if your mana runs dry.