Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Windy PvP

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Euro-Crash, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Questions about Windy PvP

I am in the process of building a Wind Druid, and I had a quick question. My plan was to get enough strength to equip my gear, and then to invest the rest of those points into Vitality.

MY question is this. For gear I had intended to use a Spirit Monarch against casters and a Stormshield against melee characters. The intention was not to acheive max-block versus melee, but to acheive max-dr with HIGH life.

Against casters I was not overly concerned about blocking as spells cannot be blocked. Would playing this way be effective of a complete waste of time. At this point, I have a shell of a character holding items at level 10 with nothing invested.

My plan is to use the following:

-Enigma MP
    -Shako (15 rez jewel)
    -SOJ *2
    -Trang Gloves
    -Spirit Monarch (for caster)
    -SS (for melee)
    -Spiderweb Sash
    -Trek's
    -HoTo
    -Rare 10% FCR ammy (+2 druid skills and rez)
    -Anni
    -10 elemental GC's
    -Various rez sc's

Tell me which would be better...max block or vita/dr. I think this is about the same as the old necro argument...but just looking for a bit of input....

2. Karnage

Karnage IncGamers Member

IMO i think the block set up is the best. I jus can't get past 75% of your opponents attaks missing. That converts into alot of life when u think about it. I'd rather do that than be a punching bag anyway..

3. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

Put all points into Vitality if you can afford some good FCR rings with strength, otherwise, put enough into it till you can use Enigma and just continue pumping life afterwards. Use Stormshield against melee, Zons and other Windys, use Spirit against everything else. Your Wolves will be enough to keep what you would normally need block for busy and you can aways summon more when they are gone.

4. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Tell me which would be better...max block or vita/dr. I think this is about the same as the old necro argument...but just looking for a bit of input....[/QUOTE]

I have played both max block and all vita. Well all my windy's (6 in all) prior to the second ladder were block. Then I made a all vita build for season 2 ladder and I will never look back. If you are good at recasting and play your vita druid like a caster (always on the move) max vita is much better then block if you keep the wolves out all the time. With the wolves the minion stacking is godly if you stay moving and if the wolves die just tele away and recast. As for PVP against casters the extra life is huge and we need not say more.

I would use Jalal's instead of shako for the huge FHR and resists since in all reality the +2 all skills is little on life and mana, etc. when using BO and if you can get good 10% FCR rings with like 70+ mana. Yet if you really need the mana then use Shako but the life and mana do not get upped by the BO from CTA.

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Block is the way to go since you are so close to the enemy.

6. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

i have eaten enough windies with a botd/beast barb.

if you can afford good charms, go max block. else go no block. why? because no block=1000 life(after bo/oak) more. since most games are public games anyway(melee? whats that?), you can do fine without block.

for duelling barbs/palas/good amas you're screwed though

7. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

First all vita gives you more then 1000 life. My blockers had around 5k life with good charms while my vita gets 6500 - 6700 with good charms and ammy. I have yet to get to 7k like some.

Barbs who use leap to seperate minion stack spell bad news for a windy period. If the druid continues to tele, and not stand still to get hit, the wolves will block most if not all hits from ww and if the wolves die the druid can tele away and recast. The minion stacking and playing like a caster with a windy is the key to a vita build and dueling. If you stand still and try to tank a melee build, especially a barb, you already made a mistake. As for dueling barbs, ww is a huge skill as well as some zons yet the key is to stay moving and out of the screen until the druid can tele on top of the other player, spam a few nado's, tele away and recast if needed (rinse & repeat). As for pally's the duels are much easier since nado's can not be blocked and I do not know of many pallys who are going to run into nado's doing 6500 - 7000K unblockable damage when the druid has 6500 + life.

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Well from the sound of that gear botd/beast barb. I'm guessing its BvC?