Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Whateverdin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by OmegaHatred, Sep 18, 2006.

1. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred IncGamers Member

Questions about Whateverdin

Hey guys I have a some questions about the Whateverdin build (awesome build btw).

1) Instead of maxing sacrfice would it be a good idea to max Fanaticism and then swtich between the 2 auras?

2) Would it be a better idea to get Beast instead of using Faith on merc?

3) If you melee with a Zeal/Holyshock combo would you die from IM?

4) On switch I love having the Cta/Spirit combo so could you have dream shield into your primary attack so your always going with the lvl 30 fully synergized holy shock and have glimmershreds in your inventory ready to be put on in a moments notice.

5) Would it be a good idea to use LOH gloves instead of Dracs?

6) How do you think this build would hold up against the ubers?

Again awesome awesome build

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

1) Eh ? Why would you use Fana as a second aura ?

2) Beast is ok, again the best will be in a Caddy with mods to Conviction. Mainly you use Beast to have MORE DAMAGE since the lvl15 fana damage from Faith bonus is halved to you.

3) Yes, it is possible. If your melee weapon hits rather hard, there still a chance you deal heavy damage to yourself. A +370 dmg Grief does 400+ damage per hit in a PB, you are gonna get shredded if 4 hits (1.6k damage) connect.

4) Sure no prob with that.

5) Nope. Your physical damage is already alittle low so you still need dracs for leech.

6) Very well indeed. The lvl25 Conviction should override Meph's Conviction 24/7 and thus you have almost no probs in the resist area. Use either Grief (big damage though 7 frame smite, see how much IAS you can throw on) or Beast weapon (fana + CB) for smite.

3. niner

niner IncGamers Member

1) Thx Bladewind!

2)Any good 1 hand weap works well. Grief, Stormlash,LW Beast etc...

3) Yes. Thats why you throw on switch. There is only 3 places you ill need to do this. CS, WK lvls 3 and Throne and thats only if they spawn with OK's.

4) cta is not neccesary with this build. you should have an Exile while melee so that you can kick some lifetap as you zeal and NOT have to use dumpy Dracs

5) As you have an Exile while you melee you can use the good gloves with IAS bieng LOH or even better crafted blood gloves with mods taylored to whatever needs you might have in the res,stats,life,cb etc dept....

6)Its a 1 pt smiter with max res. You will no doubt lose merc's fana right off the bat making for 1 less FPS on the attack, however it gets the job done just fine. Ive never had a problem killing uber trist with it and I use the mf version wich is a little weaker than a fully decked Whateverdin for Uber killing with gores, duress, guilammes, grief etc......

Thx for the props man took alot of thought to get it just right to be able to clear any area in hell mode without having to switch out any equipment.

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

He is using lvl30 Holy shock from dual dream setup, so no exile...

5. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred IncGamers Member

re:

I was just curious what ppl thought...if you say Exile then I'll go with Exile lol. Also when I use Glimmer Shred and I have Exile with them, would I get a CTC Life Tap?

And I use Last Wish not Grief...bad idea or good?

6. niner

niner IncGamers Member

I use Exile when I zeal which is most of the time. with the exile you get Defiance for you and merc and +5% added to cold and fire max and the +4 freeze targets. Also the exile so I dont have to use the dracs for LT and can use real zealot gloves.

I use the lvl 30 holy shock dual dreams with gimmershreds on the switch for areas that dont have any light immune creatures so I can pulse out the masses and for IM casting areas so I dont die from getting IMed when I melee, then mop up with the 1 point redemtion. you can zeal with gimmers but I very very rarely do.

as LT is ctc based on hits yeah it will cast when throwing, however they'll drop fast enough you wont really need it.

Last wish is what I use end game. MF,Fade,Charged bolt,CB all very useful pvm stats.