Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about trading

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Cerberus, May 3, 2005.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus IncGamers Member

Questions about trading

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it`s sort of a newcomer question, so here goes:

1. When is a tradelist/thread concidered dead?
    (When you close it, no activity in a given amount of time, etc?)

2. Can I simply make a post about removing an item from my list if I want to offer it in another trade, or should I close the thread If I wish to do so?

I guess much of this comes down to common sense, just wanna make sure I don`t violate any rules in the trade forums.

(have read the rules btw)

Thx!

2. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

Probably get a better answer in the trade forums, but ill give it a shot.
    1) a thread IMO is dead once it scrolls of the front page. Its harder to get to, and nobodys responded to it in a while.
    2) Just make a post in your thread saying XXX isnt availble anymore, unless you can still edit your first post (the forums allow you to edit within ~1 hr) Ive seen multiple people do this to their trade threads, often adding and deleting items to their ISO and FT lists.

3. Cerberus

So if my tradelist is dead and I have several changes to the it, it would be ok to close it and make a new one?

Thx! cleared up things quite a bit!

4. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

As I recall, you cannot post the same item in two separate threads in a 72-hour period. If you need to update or make changes to a trade thread, you must wait six hours from the time you made your original thread. You may make a separate post regradless of when the first post was made as long as it does not contain the same items for trade(I believe).

5. Cerberus

Ok, So i guess closing my 4 day old tradelist and making a Needlist including items from the old as offers would be allright, then?

Thx, think I`m starting to get the hang of it now!