Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Speed Calculator

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by KadoorieNuts, Sep 7, 2006.

1. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

Questions about Speed Calculator

Break point is rather crucial to many builds especially doing Tristram. I am building a new Frenzy - Brab lately and I want to make sure he hits the last Bp so I try out the speed calculator. A few questions came up.

1. The calculator specifies weapon IAS and (other IAS). I assume the former refers to IAS states on the weapon stat and the latter refers to IAS from other source excluding weapon IAS. Do I get it right?
    2. IAS sometimes exhibits as % and sometimes as "plus xx to attack rating". I believe they refer to the same thing i.e. IAS.
    3. Some charms with XX to attack rating should also count toward (other) IAS.
    4. There are synergy skills which provides additional IAS (attack speed) to Frenzy. How should I do with them when entering data into speed calculator?
    5. Poeple allocate different pts into Dex and resulting different (on screen) attack rate. Why does the calculator excluding the info?

Plz enlighten me on the above subject and many tx (=thanks) in advance.

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Not quite. For frenzy, WIAS refers to the IAS on your primary weapon and IAS refers to all your IAS that is not on EITHER WEAPON. The primary weapon is the second one equipped. If you join a new game or switch weapon sets, the primary weapon is the one that is farther to the left.
    No. IAS always exhibits as %. IAS determines the speed of your attack. Attack rating determines how likely it is for your attack to hit.
    No. See 2.
    There are no synergies that add attack speed to frenzy. See 2.
    See 2 again.

3. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

Tx TGT for your prompt reply. That cures a great misconception of mine for months. I put many attack rating charms on my smiter when doing tristram. I guess it was a big joke ( and proves that I am a 100% noob). Many many tx to u.

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You're only a noob if you don't ask questions.