Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about RW:Malice.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aldarad, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Questions about RW:Malice.

Not sure if this is the rigth forum but here we go:

Malice

3 Socket Melee Weapons Ith + El + Eth

+33% Enhanced Damage
    +9 To Maximum Damage
    100% Chance Of Open Wounds
    -25% Target Defense
    -100 To Monster Defense Per Hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +50 To Attack Rating
    Drain Life -5

I was looking around for options for an Act 2 Merc (for PvM), and Malice seemed cheap enough, Still there are things I dont understand:

1) Open wounds: How much do the target "Bleed"? Are there any targets immune to OW?

2) -25% target defence: Seems like an rather odd way of giving +attack rating ?!

3) -100 to monster defence per hit: so when we figth Diablo me and the other minnions will have an easier time hitting as well?

4) Prevent Healing: But just the damage the wielder of the weapon does yes?

5) Drain Life -5: Eh... what is that? Drain who?

Finaly: what do you say, is this a nice and cheap RW for a merc or not? And yes I know there are better if you have hrs to spend.

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

1) Iirc, there are no immunities againt OW, although it only triggers after physical damage is dealt, so it won't trigger against physical immuuns

About the amount of damage being dealt, it depends what level your character is, and what type of monster/player you're fighting.

2) Well, that's a mod from the rune "ith" iirc (too lazy to look it up), hasn't got anything to do with the runeword itself, it's just a standard mod

3) Yes, but don't be fooled, -100 defense per hit, only goes if you hit succesfully, and by the time defense drops enough for you to hit easier, most monsters are already dead

4) Prevent monster healing => monsters can't use life regeneration, don't know for how long it lasts

5) Drain life, is the exact opposite of Replenish life, instead of gaining life over time, you'll loose life (-5 roughly equals 1 life loss every 2 seconds)

As for a merc's weapon, there are far better ones out there, with equal cheap runes, no need to go fishing for high runes :thumbsup:

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It's from the Eth rune.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

OW works against PIs, not sure if you actually need to do some damage to trigger it - like from a elemental damage charm etc - but it does work.

Also, I've read somewhere that PMH doesn't work when it is applied by a merc so the mod is pretty useless in this case.

If I were you, I would aim for an Insight or Obedience weapon, both quite cheap and they have excellent mods.

5. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Gah! Ok thats a RW I wont touch with a ten foot pole.

Thanks.

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re Drain Life bit: It doesn't seem to effect the merc I stuck it on; his health bar certainly doesn't move. If you have a half decent life leech, you won't notice the loss on you either. 1 point per two seconds is pretty easy to get back.

7. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Your merc has built in life replenish, it won't hurt him. Not to mention that any amount of leech will make up for it as long as you don't do tons of standing around.