Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Name Locking

Discussion in 'PvP' started by ddny, May 2, 2005.

1. ddny

ddny IncGamers Member

Questions about Name Locking

I have a few questions about name locking:

1) Is it possible to namelock when somone is off the screen (but still on your map) ??? Is so, how do you do it?
    For example...I was dueling this pally, and no matter how fast I was teleporting to get away, he always seemed to tele right next to me.

2) How do I get better at namelocking? Is it just a matter of mouse speed? What's the secret?

Thanks

2. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

he probalby used aa(autoaim) however there's like 10 people on each realm who can do it consistently wihtout hacks. you can name lock peopel with a right click attack spell or anything really then switch to tele and u'll land right on top of them from 2 screens away and you can repeat the process. also 99.99999% of hammerdins are morons so if u see them teleing on peopel consistently and u know they are aaing.

3. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

this is how u get better at name locking..first practice with your buddy

eat or drink something with sugar in it..to get a bit hyper

play your favorite duel "theme song" turn off the d2 music to pump blood into your whole body

if your heart pounds crazy then youre gonna have speed reflexes at namelocking

u dont need aa to do so

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

um... what??

anyway, no theres not a way to name lock when your opponent is off the screen. The person you were facing probably was scrolling (a feature from a map hack) or was your Auto Aim. Both of those are hacks that arent allowed here.

All you have to do with name lock is hold down the button on your mouse over your target. Works well with charge paladins and other casters (except hammerdins). Only time when it might not work is when the person teleports.

5. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

every second player my windy kills accuses me of AA

name lock is when u directly click and HOLD teh mouse down on a player

if u do it right, even if they walk off ur screen u still have the lock

then if u switch ur hotkey to tele, u can tele right on top of them, even if they are 2 screens away

just dont release mouse to keep lock

just be careful, u will be often accused of using aa with this method :p

6. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

I have a Fireblast/Lightning sentry trapper. Often when people run from me I namelock them and alternate mind blast with lightning sentry to stun them then tele onto them and alternate fireblast and mindblast. They are usually off the screen but on the mini map. I can beat people this way, but a few times, namely casters, complain that I use scrolling hack or auto aim. I say its just namelock but all they do is spam that Im a hacker even though they had MH and use wells and shrines. The only way people can legitamittly[sp?] tele onto other players off the screen is to namelock with rightclick continually do something. When they player runs/teles away, you can press the teleport hotkey and tele onto them. If this is confusing I can show you on USwest ladder. *vipertamer1

7. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Haha. "If confusing, I can kill you to show you."

8. SpOOkeD

SpOOkeD Banned

the pala was autoaiming, the players that can namelock well are dropping by the dozens these days

9. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

lemme clarify what i wrote before ok..

first u get hyper. when u get hyper ur gonna have faster reflexes. when u have faster reflexes then ur gonna have more chances of namelocking the enemy.

do whatever it takes to get hyper.. such as listen to ur fav music.

10. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

Also if someone has a minion you can namelock it instead - as soon as they tele the minion is right on top of them so you effectively have a namelock on them.
    Only managed too kill someone using that a couple of times though.

edit: note that you can see further at the top corners of your screen than the bottom so an opponent can appear too be off screen when you are still in theirs.